Horns FS (NYC metro/Central NJ)

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Horns for local (NYC/Central NJ) sale only - we meet, we conduct our transaction and we walk away happy. I don't have the inclination to ship. No hurry to sell.

Yamaha YSL-354:
M1 (made in Japan) version in good overall and very good playing condition. Plenty of scratches and a few small dings, but no major dings/dents. Slide action is very good (aligned recently). Includes a decent, usable Yamaha hard case and a nearly new Neotech grip/brace set. Ready to go with no work required. I can include a Kelly 6.5AL if you like. $200 / $175 for a pre-college student (adult must be present at transaction).

Olds Studio euphonium (ca. 1976):
Bell front, three front-action valves. Nickel-silver with plenty of scratches, dings, dents and evidence of past repairs. Leadpipe was replaced with raw brass. Plays very well, in tune and sounds great. Includes a decent, usable hard case. Great practice at home, spare or TubaChristmas horn. I would absolutely use it in community band. I can include a Kelly 6.5AL if you like. $225 / $200 for a pre-college student (adult must be present at transaction).

Again, these are for local sale only. Pics to follow.

I am in the market for a bell-front, front action valved Eb alto (tenor) horn in very good overall / playing condition which can be part of a transaction if you'd like to wheel and deal. King and Conn (Olds?) horns are likely candidates. I'm not looking for something with interchangeable crooks. Just an Eb-designed alto that takes an alto (not F. horn) mouthpiece.

Thanks!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Took 3BF off the market in case I return to tenor playing someday. I'll end up buying the same thing down the road... yet again...

Still for sale:
pics of Olds Studio euph:
http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/3bf3bf/library/OldsStudioEuph?sort=3&page=1

in better overall shape than I recall. In addition to evidence of past repairs, note warp in bell, replacement raw brass leadpipe, school ID etched in body and plating wear on valves 1 and 2. Nice horn for the price (exactly what I paid for it FWIW).

pics of YSL354:
http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/3bf3bf/library/YamahaYSL354?sort=3&page=1

Buyer picks up at Metuchen NJ Transit station (close to NYC and major highways). I visit Brooklyn regularly and could be talked into bringing the YSL354 to lower Manhattan (WTC PATH or Battery Park) or Park Slope if our schedules coincide. The euph is too heavy to transport via mass transit.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

YSL354 sold
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Olds euph still available (off hold)
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

$200 for Olds Studio euph. $180 for pre-college student or school program (adult present at transaction). Come and get it!

http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/3bf3bf/library/OldsStudioEuph?sort=3&page=1

Return to “Classified Advertisements”