Show off your pet!

Spin your yarns here.
harrisonreed

Show off your pet!

Post by harrisonreed »

I used to have a big cat that helped me play high F's. And another cat that hid when I played trombone. Now I have this clown who follows me around and causes trouble all hours of the day:
DSC01562JPEG.JPG
20240520_074032.jpg
1673313820293.jpg
1661764433636.jpg
DSC01554JPEG.JPG
Nami the Shiba Dog
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kingfan

Re: Show off your pet!

Post by Kingfan »

jasper beer 3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
GabrielRice

Post by GabrielRice »

Polly
sacfxdx

Post by sacfxdx »

Kingfan wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:57 am jasper beer 3.JPG
I know that feeling. :-)
Steve
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Jean-Luc, our bald explorer, being in places he shouldn't be

Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
tbdana

Post by tbdana »

I have too many pets to list here (6 dogs, 3 cats, 15 chickens and 21 fish). But here's one. He's my Top 20 show dog in the U.S. for 2019-2020-2021 and Best In Show winner. His name is Deuce.
Deuce KC Riverside 120620 (1).jpg
BISS Deuce.jpeg
Deuce wet.jpg
elmsandr

Post by elmsandr »

Take a look at this idiot:
IMG_9112.jpeg
Dudley is not a smart dog; but he is a joy.
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

IMG_1997.jpeg
This is Baby, our rescue dog. She’s our 14-pound bundle of fluff and muscle.
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
officermayo

Post by officermayo »

Mr. Peepers - orange tabby and Charley - 100 lbs English Labrador.
Last edited by officermayo on Mon May 27, 2024 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When in doubt, blow out" - MSgt M.A. Mayo, Marine Band

The contest entry form said "Void where prohibited", so I peed on the Captain's desk.
musicofnote

Post by musicofnote »

Me with my last dog, Vela. She reached a lovely mature age of 13.5. We did years of Dog Dance and when I couldn't keep up, we did Schutzhund - mostly because so many people said you can't do that with a Flat-Coated Retriever and you can't do that without proving collars or shock collars.

Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Griego Markey 82 (85, 90) or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."
musicofnote

Post by musicofnote »

Our present dog is Jares, a 12.5 year old Galgo Español, first rescued from Spain and then confiscated by Basel Animal control due to "gross neglect". We've had him now for 2.5 years. At first shy, reserved, he's bloomed like a rose. He'll never be a retriever type dog, doing tricks and such. As a breed, they don't sit and only deem to lay down when the surface is soft and comfy enough. But he is a "blitz-schneller" dog who leaves all the dogs in the area in his dust when running at full speed - a true thing of beauty to see. And as opposed to what "they" say ... "you can't train a sight hound to recall on command", he's very dependable coming back to Dad and Dad's Liver-Pate tube. And here's the exception that proves the rule:

And here he is in his other natural state:

Mostly:
Yamaha Xeno 822G with a Griego Markey 82 (85, 90) or Wedge 110G Gen 2 (.300" throat)

Very seldom:
Rath R400 with a Wedge 4G

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it."
MrHCinDE

Post by MrHCinDE »

Frankie helping out with some arranging. She’s about 2.5 years old and mostly insane, apart from when I’m practising which she seems to quite like.
BE107D18-AC63-4ED5-8A9E-8B246C1F00D9.jpeg

Can be a trip hazard though.
IMG_0229.jpeg
OneTon

Post by OneTon »

QP is 18 years old.
Richard Smith
Wichita, Kansas
BrassSection

Post by BrassSection »

Collies are like potato chips, you can’t have just one! Tri color is Trevor, sable is Callum. Cousins born on the same day, their mothers are sisters. Top pic year and a half ago, the day we got them.
891AF47B-A91F-47FA-8F4A-998E475D6243.png
BrassSection

Post by BrassSection »

Some days are downright Ruff down on the farm!
5F63BCFE-DA49-4D6A-8475-10063750B680.jpeg
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Some of these dogs on here are pretty fancy! Dana's got a dog that looks like Zeus up in here.
tbdana

Post by tbdana »

harrisonreed wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:39 pm Some of these dogs on here are pretty fancy! Dana's got a dog that looks like Zeus up in here.
Harry those are fantastic photos of Nami! The first and last photo look like magazine ads. And Nami just my heart sing. :)
tbdana

Post by tbdana »

This is Dave.
Dave 111.jpg
Dave Blaisdell.jpeg
dave.jpg
flyingcow

Post by flyingcow »

DSCF5619.jpg
Bennie who would prefer it if I didn't practice thank you very much.
Mamaposaune

Post by Mamaposaune »

Our current crew - Lucas, English Springer Spaniel and
Lexie, rescued Mountain Cur mix.
The kitties - Sophie, Bernie, and Chester, littermates we rescued from a ferel cat colony when the were 6 weeks old.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

tbdana wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:23 am
harrisonreed wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:39 pm Some of these dogs on here are pretty fancy! Dana's got a dog that looks like Zeus up in here.
Harry those are fantastic photos of Nami! The first and last photo look like magazine ads. And Nami just my heart sing. :)
Yeah those first and last photos were in Ome park and I had my good Sony camera with me that day. Nami is the dog I swore I would never get, but she is just so sweet. Melted my heart the second we saw her as a little pup.
BrassSection

Post by BrassSection »

Do animals appreciate music? Some seem to; many years ago when we had horses instead of cows, my son would play his baritone for the horses, they stood still, with ears leaning towards the horn, with a look of enjoyment while he played. We haven’t tried playing for the cows, maybe some day. Meantime, they sure are handy for filling the freezer. Can’t beat homegrown organic grass fed black angus beef off the grill!

Our last collie did not like loud noises. Backyard shooting, thunder storms, any fireworks within 5 miles, or my trumpet would drive him to trying to get under the sofa, or huddle on my wife’s lap. Low brass didn’t bother him one way or the other. Two Collies we have now are unfazed by anything. Gun shots, loud thunder, fireworks less than a mile away, and trumpet are all ignored.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

BrassSection wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:53 pm Do animals appreciate music? ... We haven’t tried playing for the cows, maybe some day.

Return to “Tangents”