Conn Selmer prices

brassmedic

Conn Selmer prices

Post by brassmedic »

The retail price of an 8H inner slide tube is now $382! That's for ONE tube. :eek:
Conn-Selmer's Parts Catalog.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brad Close Brass Instruments - brassmedic.com
harrisonreed

Re: Conn Selmer prices

Post by harrisonreed »

$2200 for a slide....

At least the leadpipe prices almost makes sense!
Mamaposaune

Post by Mamaposaune »

Wait...$1760. total to buy the inner and outer slide assembly separately, but $$2225. to purchase them together? Strange.
Anyhow, these prices seem outrageous.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

Mamaposaune wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:58 pm Wait...$1760. total to buy the inner and outer slide assembly separately, but $$2225. to purchase them together? Strange.
Anyhow, these prices seem outrageous.
You missed the three leadpipes. But it still doesn't add up.

Maybe the complete slide is also aligned and fine tuned? But we know that can't be true :idk:
ithinknot

Post by ithinknot »

I thought C-S retail prices were essentially trade x2 ... i.e. no one who actually buys this stuff pays that, and the retail price is a "serving suggestion" for markup.

Am I wrong?
brassmedic

Post by brassmedic »

ithinknot wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:20 am I thought C-S retail prices were essentially trade x2 ... i.e. no one who actually buys this stuff pays that, and the retail price is a "serving suggestion" for markup.

Am I wrong?
Retail is more, but it's not wholesale x 2, but that's not the point. Look at the current retail price of a King inner slide tube at $185, which was already a huge increase from years past. A Conn inner tube is now more than twice as much. I would expect King and Bach to follow suit in the near future. They're all made in the same factory.
Last edited by brassmedic on Fri May 17, 2024 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad Close Brass Instruments - brassmedic.com
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

And have the same bean counters
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
OneTon

Post by OneTon »

One major aerospace was rumored to be unable to account for 25-30% of the costs incurred to produce a large platform legacy product list priced at $120m to $150m. When it divested a division to create a tier 1 supplier, the parent company accounting department had grossly inflated the costs to produce one of its core products. The tier 1 supplier made healthy profits for the first 3 years after it was created.

Managers who implement Toyota Production or MIT lean methods can reduce costs dramatically while a sibling product line struggles with rising overhead. Such methods are fundamental to Yamaha’s low costs for good products. But most of the time, you’re correct.
Richard Smith
Wichita, Kansas
Rrova

Post by Rrova »

Fortunately price is still $136 and MK Drawing. Better product at half the cost. I love Bach but they’re working really hard to turn us away, assuming Bach follows suit. Best option appears to be to buy a used Bach or Conn and get it overhauled or just go the Edwards/Shires route.

Return to “Modification & Repair”