Source for .650 rotor?

ttf_Euphanasia

Source for .650 rotor?

Post by ttf_Euphanasia »

I just bought a Meinl Weston compensating valve block from an Ebay listing. It's all there, except for the fourth valve. The set-up is odd. It's three pistons, and one rotor, and only the casing for the rotor is there. There's probably no chance of getting an original rotor/bearing plate/cap for the existing casing, so I'd like to buy another rotor in the same bore if I can find one. Where would someone find something like that?

The casing is set up like an old-school trombone trigger: your basic straight-through when the valve is closed, and 90 degrees "up" for both ports when it's open. Would Allied have anything like that?

ttf_BGuttman

Source for .650 rotor?

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

You might want to check Meinschmitt.  They make a variety of sized rotor valves.

A .650" rotor would be for a smallish tuba like an F.  I'd guess that Allied may have something; or the guys who supply tubas might.
ttf_greenbean

Source for .650 rotor?

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Willson's Rotax and other valves are quite cheap.  Most other makers would be happy to sell you one, I would thin.  If you are will to wait a bit.

But I would probably start with calling some tuba techs.  Someone is bound to have something. 
ttf_greenbean

Source for .650 rotor?

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Willson's Rotax and other valves are quite cheap.  Most other makers would be happy to sell you one, I would thin.  If you are will to wait a bit.

But I would probably start with calling some tuba techs.  Someone is bound to have something. 

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”