FS Set of Conn Minick Bass Valves

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
mrdeacon

FS Set of Conn Minick Bass Valves

Post by mrdeacon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi guys!

So I'm putting out feelers for selling my set of Conn Minick Bass Valves.

I just had these guys taken off my full Minick bass trombone and had them replaced with Olsen rotors. I have no plans on ever selling my Minick (the Olsens improved the horn notably!) and I'm not sentimental when it comes to hanging on to parts.

I might regret selling these but what ever. I've sure had my fair share of leadpipes and mouthpieces I've regretted selling!

Valves are in decent shape and perfect for a project or franken horn. I am unsure if these valves are stock or if Minick modified them. I had John Sandhagen look at them after he took them off my horn and he said he didn't see anything that would make him think they were modified. I did not get a chance to measure them with calipers. I do know that on another example of a Minick bass almost identical to mine the valves were modified. So for full disclosure. I dunno if they've been tinkered with!! They did blow well on the horn.

Only bad things about the valves are they are old and do leak a bit. There is also the patch done on the first valve. Rob Stewart did the work on that and the valve is as good as can be considering it has a patch. I had no issues getting them to seel with thick valve oil. I just wanted tighter seeling valves on my everyday axe which is why I had them replaced.

Make me an offer on these. I have a vague price in my head of what I'd like to get for them. I'll take offers accordingly considering the patch on the first valve. Lowball offer would be like $100-$150 for the pair so as long as your offer is similar or higher we can figure something out!

Thanks guys! If I have to keep these valves I won't complain!
Getzen 3047AFR 2000s, Elliott XT
Bach 42 1973, Elliott XT
Conn 6h, Elliott XT
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Symington 1 1/2
mrdeacon

Re: FS Set of Conn Minick Bass Valves

Post by mrdeacon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Still for sale!

Still would like to get $150ish shipped for the pair but feel free to send me offers! I'll consider anything!
Bach 42 1973, Elliott XT
Conn 6h, Elliott XT
HawaiiTromboneGuy

Post by HawaiiTromboneGuy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:35 pm

PM and email sent.
Professional bum.
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon » Fri May 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Still here. Someone want them for $120 shipped? Best offer? Take me out for dinner and a movie?

Consider from this point on still available unless I have these marked as sold!
Bach 42 1973, Elliott XT
Conn 6h, Elliott XT

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”