dimensins of marching valve trombone case

JohntheTheologian

Post by JohntheTheologian »

I have a favor to ask of anyone who has a compact marching valve trombone, whether a newer model, or one of the older models such as the Reynolds-Olds, Bach, Blessing, or King Flugabone.

I'm considering looking for one for a compact travel horn, but I was wondering what the typical dimensins of the case are so that I can compare it to standard small bore case,.

If anyone could help me on this, I'd appreciate it.
Matt K
Verified

Re: dimensins of marching valve trombone case

Post by Matt K »

They're enormous, but a box. I don't have one because I threw both of mine away when I got both of my respective horns horn as they are so large. (It was basically the horn + a few inches in each direction). One of them was also musty, which was more important in the decision for that one. One was a blessing case the other was an olds case.

If you just need something to stack other stuff ontop of.. might be worthwhile. I had a small, round leather bag on my last flugabone that I converted into a 'toga' for my flugabone. Basically it slid over the instrument but offered little else in the form of protection.
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

I used to have one that I used to keep my chops up when traveling for work, and I could pack it in my medium sized suitcase. I traveled by car, not plane.
JohntheTheologian

Post by JohntheTheologian »

Thanks for the information. if any others have the exact information, that would be helpful.
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

The large end is 10.5” x 11.5”, small end is 10.5” x 9.5”. 18” long. The 10.5” dimension doesn’t include the handle; that adds about .75” folded down.

In essence, it's about the same width and height as a coffin-style trombone case, but much shorter. Built like a Sherman tank.

Neglected to mention that mine is a 1970's Olds.

The Reynolds is the same horn and case. The Blessing and Bach horns are also the same configuration, but I don't recall ever seeing one in person, so I cannot vouch for the case.
HenryLooma

Post by HenryLooma »

You might have to clean out the valve seat by using acetone and a bore brush.

My manual has a flow diagram.

Return to “Accessories”