Bach LT16M- $900

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Burgerbob

Bach LT16M- $900

Post by Burgerbob » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:03 am

Up for sale is a really good Bill Watrous model 16.

The serial dates this to the late '80s.

I bought this horn to replace my long-time 6H. It has that Bach creamy sound in every register, which is what drew me to it in the first place. I've used it on many things in the last few months to great success- it feels great from 3rd to lead... In a section it really fills out the sound the way a .500 can have trouble with. It does have the 16M quirks with the stock short leadpipe. The slots are very close to each other, and the articulation is a little different. A simple leadpipe change (Kanstul H8, Shires 2.5, etc) could change that to your liking... If I were keeping it I would probably do the same. Despite that, it plays well from high to low and soft to loud- the loud lead sound on this is something you don't expect from a "mic-eater" setup that people seem to think this is.

The horn is not in perfect shape. It's been loved, sometimes hard. However, the slide is a solid 8/10 with no drags and the tuning slide moves easily. The bell has some dings, but since it plays well as is I didn't mind them. Lacquer is typical for an '80s Bach.

I replaced this with a 3B because I need something a little better outdoors, or I would have just kept it. Enjoy that Bach sound.

I can include a vintage Bach gig bag.
Bass Trombone
DL Band
SLO Symphony

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”