FS: AR Piece (Large + Small shank) $250

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Matt K

FS: AR Piece (Large + Small shank) $250

Post by Matt K » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:40 pm

So I normally am pretty good at figuring out nomenclature for specifications for parts but I can't make heads or tails of it. I thought I got these from someone on here but I can't find it at the moment and I'm totally swamped with clients this (thank goodness) extended weekend :horror: so I'll be getting back to everyone whose sent me a message in the last week... hopefully today... but don't want to spend any more time looking for it.

The cup/rim (it's a two piece mouthpiece) is engraved as such:

Resonance
Thomas V2 65

(Or maybe its a 72?)

The small shank reads:
AR6543105
there might be spaces that indicate:
AR 65 43 10 5

I'm not 100% Sure though.

The large shank reads:
AR 65 10.745

Seems like a fine piece but I played on it for a few days to give a shot on both classical and commercial horns and its not my cup of tea. Although, I will say that it plays very easily just not the right sound for me.

It looks like a single piece goes for ~$250; I'll just go ahead and sell for the whole thing for that price w/ free shipping conus.

Could go partial trade for an Elliott XTG* cup. Also looking for an E8 shank. Or XT E / E8.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fvy6Y ... TtQO1U8I7M
BGuttman

Re: FS: AR Piece (Large + Small shank) $250

Post by BGuttman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Your "pictures' say "no preview available". Did you forget to make them Public?
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Oops, no fixed. That's one of the other things I have to fix --- Google drive is populating a preview when it should just be a link to the pictures. They removed that part of their API quit some time ago.
Klimchak

Post by Klimchak » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:57 am

Any idea on approximate rim diameter and/ir cup depth? What is it similar too?

Thanks
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:11 am

Klimchak wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:57 am
Any idea on approximate rim diameter and/ir cup depth? What is it similar too?

Thanks

Cup depth looks similar to 6.5AL ish (maybe that's what the 65 is). Rim is smaller than a 104N that I have, fairly rounded (not as much as a lindberg to my eyes though). If I were going to hazard a guess, I'd say roughly 4 or 4.5G rim size. I don't have anything smaller to compare it against though. I'll try to figure it out and post back
Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:37 pm

So Thomas would be who the piece was made for, and V2 means it’s a second version or adjustment I’m pretty sure.

Looks like a full custom job...you could probably contact Antonio directly for exact specs or what it was based off.

43 is his middle of the road backbore/shank feel, best starting point for most players.

65 is the throat...6.5mm I think? His standard throat is 60.

10.5 or 10.745 related to the shank thickness and length I think? I believe his standard is 10.5.

As it’s a custom piece it’s hard to know exactly what size and contour the rim is. It could even be from a scan of another off the shelf piece then modified from there.
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:53 pm

Rusty wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:37 pm
So Thomas would be who the piece was made for, and V2 means it’s a second version or adjustment I’m pretty sure.

Looks like a full custom job...you could probably contact Antonio directly for exact specs or what it was based off.

43 is his middle of the road backbore/shank feel, best starting point for most players.

65 is the throat...6.5mm I think? His standard throat is 60.

10.5 or 10.745 related to the shank thickness and length I think? I believe his standard is 10.5.

As it’s a custom piece it’s hard to know exactly what size and contour the rim is. It could even be from a scan of another off the shelf piece then modified from there.
Awesome! Thanks for the info; I did send an email but it being New Years and everything I figure I won't hear back right away! I've had some interest will be updating if I hear back / have some time to find where I picked this up from!
-Matt
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Hey all!

I heard back from Antonio a few days ago. He says that it indeed was a custom piece that is a shallower copy of another custom piece by Greg Black.

The 65 throat is 6.5mm and the large shank is on the tighter side than the standard size (this is custom). The small shank is the medium size.

Thanks all!
-Matt

Return to “(Classifieds) Mouthpieces”