borescope endoscope recommendations?

timothy42b

borescope endoscope recommendations?

Post by timothy42b » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:39 am

I have a couple handyman type applications but I know some of you use these to align valves.

There are a bunch out there, sizes from 5.5mm to 8mm. Anything to watch out for? Is getting them to talk to a Kindle or iPhone going to be difficult? They are so cheap now it seems dumb not to have one.
2bobone

Re: borescope endoscope recommendations?

Post by 2bobone » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Tim --- I started that " thread" a couple of years ago. I think it was lost in the transition from TTF to TC. it might still be in the archives. Someone added some phenomenal photos of the interiors of the tubing and valves. I'd love to give credit to him, but I've forgotten who it was. Anyway --- I bought mine over the Internet for under $10 and am almost positive it is a 5MM job. Yeah --- those "witness" marks on your valve are far from accurate. On almost every horn I used it, there was a remarkable improvement after properly setting the clearances using the boroscope. Get the smallest diameter you can get because it will allow more freedom in those tight confines. Also --- it should have a light [as most them probably already have]. The horn on which I did NOT need to adjust the clearances ? A cheap Jinbao knock-off of a King 8B !
Go figure --- maybe the Chinese have figured out something our commercial production folks haven't ? I don't know of a cheaper "tweak" out there ! Have fun ! Cheers !!

Return to “Technology”