SOLD Kanstul 1670D Bass Bone Prototype TIS!!

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Molefsky

SOLD Kanstul 1670D Bass Bone Prototype TIS!!

Post by Molefsky » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Selling my 1670D. This specific instrument is a tuning-in-slide bass bone that was supposedly the prototype that Zig Kanstul made as a proof of concept for George Roberts. I've used it in a lot of settings including touring broadway shows, recording, brass band, big band and for solo features. This horn sings but I'm primarily a tenor player and have some life events/obligations that are forcing me to trim some fat. This horn features Kanstul's CR valve; very quick response with a decently short throw (much shorter than my thayer for example). It's designed to be a single valve bass but I have a drop-in D valve that replaces the normal F slide so you have a double valve bass configuration as well. (that's the configuration I use like 90% of the time)

Write-up on this model:
https://www.hornguys.com/collections/ba ... trombone-1

From Hornguys.com on the CR valve:
The Kanstul CR rotors are notable and deserve additional mention. These rotors were designed to improve the open feel and resonance of the horn, but also allow some efficiency and crispness of attack by not being too open. Compared to a vintage horn, you'll find you can relax and breathe into this instrument, rather than pushing in the low range. Compared to a Thayer or axial rotor, a CR equipped horn feels more efficient, and is not such an air hog. Despite being oversize, the Kanstul rotor is very light. It is formed of individual tubes soldered inside a lightweight skeleton. Unlike heavier rotors machined from a solid rod, the CR rotor should resonate like the open horn. The rotor linkage is designed for a very short throw, and can be adjusted for hand size and length of throw.
Included are the following:
  • original F/E slide with stopper arm
  • Drop-in D valve with linkage etc (yes, a second CR valve assembly that drops into the existing tubing. no soldering etc req'd)
  • 3 leadpipes: a 62(Conn 62h style), GR (George Roberts signature), and a Minick style OL (open legit)
  • Protec bass bone case that it was shipped to me in. (the one with the black ext with blue int)
This thing needs to go to someone who will play it more than I do. :weep: :weep:

So a Bass, Case, leadpipes, two configurations with a second CR valve, and a bit of history to it. Looking for $3200 obo.

I can provide pics etc upon request.
Last edited by Molefsky on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M. Olefsky
Calle Soul Salsa
Arkansas Musicworks Brass Band
Molefsky

Re: FS Kanstul 1670D Bass Bone Prototype TIS!!

Post by Molefsky » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Had a few inquiries so here is a folder with the relevant pics:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-R4Xg ... lkcJOzi9Y5
M. Olefsky
Calle Soul Salsa
Arkansas Musicworks Brass Band

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”