WTB: Bass trombone valve-side tuning slide

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Lonetrombone

WTB: Bass trombone valve-side tuning slide

Post by Lonetrombone » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 am

I'm looking for the valve section tuning slide for a bass trombone. Preferably for a Conn 62H or equivalent. It doesn't need to be pretty by any means but I need it to be usable.
Please email me at mason.duplissie @ maine.edu or PM me
Matt K

Re: WTB: Bass trombone valve-side tuning slide

Post by Matt K » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:58 am

What do you mean by "valve section tuning slide"? You mean the tuning slide from any valve on any bass trombone? You can get the parts for that from OE Thayer new for less than $50 if so. Like, depending on how much of it you need, less than $25 I believe actually.
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:49 pm

What kind of 62H?... Ohio 62h? Indy? Dependant? Elkhart 62h? Stock? Minick style? F slide or D slide? Or Gb or G slide?

MattK alsomakes a good point of just having a tech whip you something up.
Conn 88H 1980s, Elliott XT
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott MB
Lonetrombone

Post by Lonetrombone » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Great questions, let me clarify a bit more and see if that helps.
I'm looking for the tuning slide for the open-wrap Gb side so that it can be used to fashion a second bell for a timbre shift when that valve is engaged. The simplifies things a bit from having to have a custom piece whipped up entirely from scratch. I looked on the OE Thayer site and their tuning assemblies for the bass are a .594 bore and my horn is listed as a .580 bore through the valve section.
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:09 pm

Those are the ID right? What's your OD - that's the important measurement in this case, well normally it might be a problem too if the IDs didn't line up but if you're going to a terminus, a little bump up shouldn't be a big deal.
Jgittleson

Post by Jgittleson » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:34 am

Im a little fuzzy on what you need, but if you need some adapter of some sort for different dimension tubing, i can make that for you

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”