WTB: "C" shaped bend, several 90 degree bends (.593 inner bore)

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Matt K

WTB: "C" shaped bend, several 90 degree bends (.593 inner bore)

Post by Matt K » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:20 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few odd parts. I've sent out an inquiry to a tech too but I feel like some of these I might just have to get from someone who has a spare sitting around for a project. Working on building a German wrap for a project I'm currently working on and need the following pieces: http://www.mattkingsbury.com/basstromboneproject.html

Basically a "C" shaped bend (possibly from a TR181 or the "C" from a Getzen/Shires/Edwards. Unfortunately, a Bach 50B or similar closed wrap is going to be too narrow but just a little wider will work (if you have something a little wider, do let me know and I'll check to see if it'll work).

Then two 90 degree bends that go behind the bell and then one 90 degree bend that goes infront of the bell.

Let me know what you have!
Thanks,
-Matt
Rrova

Re: WTB: "C" shaped bend, several 90 degree bends (.593 inner bore)

Post by Rrova » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am

Thayervalve.us will have the 90 degree bends.
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Rrova wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am
Thayervalve.us will have the 90 degree bends.
Very close! That one is on the same plane though; I need ones that bend both 90 degrees on the plane that you see but then also either bend slightly behind the bell or slightly infront of the bell. (You'll notice that in the case of the second picture, the tube that the finger is pointed at is attached to a rotor and then slowly moves away from the bell brace towards the carpet as it bends).
mrdeacon

Post by mrdeacon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Just so you know... Holton bass tubing is .585. You probably want to hit up Kanstul or one of the Southern California techs who might have so spare Kanstul tubing lying around.
Conn 88H 1980s, Elliott XT
Rath R1 2000s, Elliott XT
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott MB
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:59 pm

mrdeacon wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:43 pm
Just so you know... Holton bass tubing is .585. You probably want to hit up Kanstul or one of the Southern California techs who might have so spare Kanstul tubing lying around.
!! Good catch I didn't even think to check for that. Thanks for the tip about the bore size. Hopefully someone has some spare tubing sitting around but if not I'll start consulting some manufacturers to see if they can provide the tubing I'm after. Kanstul is a good recommendation I think they do have all the tubing I'm after in some capacity or another.

-Matt

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”