FS: John Packer JP Rath 231 .525 Bore

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Jmindeman

FS: John Packer JP Rath 231 .525 Bore

Post by Jmindeman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:53 pm

For sale is my JP Rath model 231 medium bore (.525") tenor trombone in excellent condition. 8" gold brass bell. Lacquer has been removed from much of the bell flare and tuning slide. No dents or dings on the instrument. Slide is like new and super smooth, with no wear on the inner tubes.

Though this is billed as an "intermediate" horn, its construction and playing characteristics are pro-horn quality. It is well-balanced, blows easily, and responds quickly. Consistent focused, resonant and warm sound throughout the range of the horn. To me, it seems like a more nimble Bach 36. A fine horn for light orchestral or band playing, or for solo, chamber, rock/salsa, or 3rd chair in a big band work.

If you aren't familiar with this brand, check out the many positive reviews online.

And here's Michael Dease playing one

Does not come with a case, but I will include a stock mouthpiece (Yamaha 48/Bach 6 1/2AL size).
Sorry, I do not ship internationally.
$450 plus shipping
Attachments
JPR231 3 (1).jpg
JPR231 3 (1).jpg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 192 times
JPR231 2 (1).jpg
JPR231 2 (1).jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 192 times
JPR231 1 (1).jpg
JPR231 1 (1).jpg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 192 times
Jmindeman

Re: FS: John Packer JP Rath 231 .525 Bore

Post by Jmindeman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:01 am

Still available, now with Kaces polyfoam case.
$450 plus shipping

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”