FS: Schilke ST21

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
EricBowman

FS: Schilke ST21

Post by EricBowman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:56 pm

This is a brand-new Schilke ST21 large bore tenor trombone with a hagmann valve. It's only been played about 5 times-it was a gift. There isn't a dent or scratch on it and it plays great! It comes with a hard-wood Edwards case. The case has some wear and tear but functions well. I'm selling it because I no longer play. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like more pictures.

I'm asking for $2500 plus shipping. These normally cost $3500 new (without a case)
https://reverb.com/item/4546518-schilke ... _wcB&pla=1
20160513_205241.jpg
20160513_205241.jpg (3.33 MiB) Viewed 519 times
Tromboc

Re: FS: Schilke ST21

Post by Tromboc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Interesting. I was under the impression they dropped the detachable bell and leadpipe after the ST-20 and the 21 was all fixed pieces. Good luck with the sale, sadly not a whole heap of interest in these great instruments.
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 pm

That may be because of the weird pitch problem where Schilke made a bunch of them that were too flat to play. Or am I confusing that with another company/horn?

Post by mrdeacon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Neo Bri wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 pm
That may be because of the weird pitch problem where Schilke made a bunch of them that were too flat to play. Or am I confusing that with another company/horn?
Nope you're right. That was Schilke.
Conn 8H 2010s, Elliott XT
Rath R1 2010s, Elliott XT
Minick Bass Trombone 1980s, Elliott LB
Tromboc

Post by Tromboc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 pm

Neo Bri wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 pm
Do you think that's the reason though? That was a long time ago. For the cost here in Australia at roughly 25-30% cheaper than a similar spec Bach - I think they should be much more popular than they are. I wonder what other hidden gems are out there in the trombone world.

Anyway, another ST-20 owner here chirping in, great horns!

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”