Kanstul 1688 TIS for sale!

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.
jennconducts

Kanstul 1688 TIS for sale!

Post by jennconducts » Sun May 13, 2018 12:17 pm

FOR SALE Kanstul 1688 TIS $2000 For sale is a wonderful sounding and unique horn. This Kanstul 1688 is 4 years old and is in very nearly perfect condition. It's no longer in production by Kanstul, but the list price was $4560. The great Horn Guys has one for $2995. The bell is red brass, on the heavy gauge side, which lends itself to a very stable blow. Slots REALLY well in both upper and lower range. This is the "prettiest" sounding horn that I've owned. The TIS is easy to get used to. According to the Horn Guys: "This 1688 is a rare large bore tenor trombone made by Kanstul in Anaheim, California. It's similar in shape and style to the classic Conn 88H trombone, but the Kanstul's twist is locating the tuning mechanism in the hand slide rather than in the bell like most trombones offered today. Like a trumpet, a trombone's bell section is designed to have a conical taper. Locating the tuning slide in the bell section, though convenient, interrupts the proper taper with the addition of the tuning slide sleeves. Moving that mechanism into the hand slide allows a lighter, properly tapered bell section, and the tuning adjustment is part of the cylindrical portion of the instrument. When adjusting the tuning length, a tuning-in-slide trombone has has no affect on the tapers, and simply adds a bit of length to the outside slide tubes. It's simple, it's lightweight, and the benefits of tone and response are quite amazing. The repsponse is lighter, the low range is more open, the tone is move colorful - it is a magical feeling when playing one of these horns. Why don't you see more? Most builders cater to the student market, and younger players may not have the discipline to properly care for the tuning mechanism on this horn. And...most people don't care. There are some very fine bell tuning trombones made, so only a few players have asked for a horn like the 1688." The horn is very ergonomic, and there is bullet brace attached which adds great balance. The only tiny flaw is two tiny marks in the lacquer, which I'm pointing to in one of the pictures. A ProTec case in perfect condition is included, as are 3 lead pipes (my favorite is the "Minick long"). I'll throw in a good MP if you would like, choice of Griego-Alessi 7C, or Stork 4. Buyer pays shipping; I already have a great box from Shires, which will help with the cost. PHOTOS at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tfza4mjj3baw ... AQQra?dl=0

Return to “Instruments & Parts”