New Group

ttf_bhcordova

New Group

Post by ttf_bhcordova »

I have created a new member group called 'No PP' that completely hides the Purely Politics section of the forum.  Members in the group cannot see, post in, or go to the Purely Politics section.  Anyone wanting to join send me a PM.

Note:  If you receive a temporary ban because of your actions in Purely Politics, you will be placed in this group and you will no longer be able to post in Purely Politics
ttf_SilverBone

New Group

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Just curious, why post this to every group instead of just "Announcements?"

The problem with posting to every group is now every group shows up as having something new even if it's just this message.
ttf_bhcordova

New Group

Post by ttf_bhcordova »

It's been posted to Announcements for over a week with no takers.  After posting to every board, I've received multiple requests to be added to the group.
ttf_anonymous

New Group

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Isn't it just as easy to simply not go to that section? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just not understanding why it's necessary. I don't want to read/write on here regarding politics so I just don't go in the section.
ttf_blast

New Group

Post by ttf_blast »

Quote from: OneStepBeyond on Oct 10, 2016, 09:51AMIsn't it just as easy to simply not go to that section? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just not understanding why it's necessary. I don't want to read/write on here regarding politics so I just don't go in the section.

You have self control.... not all members do.

Chris Stearn
ttf_anonymous

New Group

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: OneStepBeyond on Oct 10, 2016, 09:51AMIsn't it just as easy to simply not go to that section? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just not understanding why it's necessary. I don't want to read/write on here regarding politics so I just don't go in the section.

Well politics has nothing to do with playing a trombone! I like many use music to escape political turmoil. Now we have group that is on just about every page asking for members to join a political group?
ttf_Geezerhorn

New Group

Post by ttf_Geezerhorn »

I guess Chris has a point, though.

But personally, I never felt at though I had to petition a group for the privilege of participating in something that excludes me from participating in something else. But either way, it's certainly no hardship imposed upon me to ignore something, or a bunch of somethings for a little while if it helps others.

So I suggest we put up with a little speed bump in the short run for others to have a better long run.

...Geezer
ttf_BGuttman

New Group

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: demaxx1 on Yesterday at 07:45 AMWell politics has nothing to do with playing a trombone! I like many use music to escape political turmoil. Now we have group that is on just about every page asking for members to join a political group?

I think you may have misunderstood the purpose of this group.  It will cause you to automatically IGNORE all the political blather in the Purely Politics board.  Some members get very excised on that board and are automatically placed in this group to try to keep their sanity.  Also, the Purely Politics board has become exclusively US politics (except for an occasional post by Graham Martin on Australia).

Nobody is begging you to join this group; we thought it might be something you would like.
ttf_demaxx1

New Group

Post by ttf_demaxx1 »

Quote from: BGuttman on Yesterday at 09:45 AMI think you may have misunderstood the purpose of this group.  It will cause you to automatically IGNORE all the political blather in the Purely Politics board.  Some members get very excised on that board and are automatically placed in this group to try to keep their sanity.  Also, the Purely Politics board has become exclusively US politics (except for an occasional post by Graham Martin on Australia).

Nobody is begging you to join this group; we thought it might be something you would like.

Okay I get it, you are using it to keep politics off this board, if I am reading it correctly this time. What I was getting by it being posted on many separate threads that it was begging for members.
ttf_BGuttman

New Group

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Actually, you can do the exact same thing by simply putting the Purely Politics (and Religion if you are so inclined) on your Ignore Boards preferences in your profile (or ask me to do it for you if you aren't sure).
ttf_watermailonman

New Group

Post by ttf_watermailonman »

Quote from: BGuttman on Yesterday at 11:05 AMActually, you can do the exact same thing by simply putting the Purely Politics (and Religion if you are so inclined) on your Ignore Boards preferences in your profile (or ask me to do it for you if you aren't sure).

This I did years ago. I choose not to discuss either religion or politics here.

/Tom
ttf_watermailonman

New Group

Post by ttf_watermailonman »

Quote from: BGuttman on Yesterday at 11:05 AMActually, you can do the exact same thing by simply putting the Purely Politics (and Religion if you are so inclined) on your Ignore Boards preferences in your profile (or ask me to do it for you if you aren't sure).

This I did years ago. I choose not to discuss either religion or politics here.

/Tom

Return to “Beginners and Returning Trombonists”