FS: Yamaha 630 Medium Bore Tenor, With Case - SOLD

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.
bobroden

FS: Yamaha 630 Medium Bore Tenor, With Case - SOLD

Post by bobroden » Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 pm

Up for sale is a Yamaha 630 medium bore (.525”) tenor trombone with its original case. It’s in immaculate condition with no visible imperfections. The slide is super fast and in great alignment. It has a big, warm sound, with an 8 ½” yellow brass bell. It’s a solid, well-built horn that plays great.

I bought it a few years ago to serve as my backup medium bore horn, but I now play small bore horns most of the time and just don’t need it anymore.

Pictures are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h8m8215w7cmk ... 5hcda?dl=0

This is how Yamaha describes this model:

“The YSL-630 has a continuous taper bell section that improves intonation with even resistance in all registers. The chrome-plated, nickel silver, drawn inner slide is very durable and has a quick, sensitive response. The outer slide is one piece, drawn yellow brass and maintains an accurate diameter throughout its length. This type of construction ensures airtightness, smooth action, exceptional durability, and adds resonance to the sound. Long-lasting nickel-silver tubular braces contribute to the stability of the slide and enhance smooth slide action. Tuning slides are hand lapped to ensure an absolutely perfect fit. The virtually seamless bell-fused by high-energy laser-allows continuous, even vibration. The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place to prevent it from accidentally falling. Large, easy-to-hold, nickel-silver bracing guards against possible slide damage if the instrument is dropped and also lessens fatigue while playing. Mouthpipe features a special acoustic design that allows precise intonation and greater blowing control.”

The case, by the way, is light and compact and fits easily in overhead bins on airplanes.

$1200 including shipping CONUS.

Contact me directly at br@bobroden.com.
Last edited by bobroden on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bobroden

Re: FS: Yamaha 630 Medium Bore Tenor, With Case

Post by bobroden » Wed May 09, 2018 10:45 am

I forgot to mention that the case includes two keys, so you can lock it up.

Also, I would consider a trade for a Jiggs 2B.
bobroden

Post by bobroden » Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 pm

This horn is once again available, after the buyer failed to pay.
greenbean

Post by greenbean » Thu May 24, 2018 10:49 pm

These are awesome horns!
bobroden

Re: FS: Yamaha 630 Medium Bore Tenor, With Case - SOLD

Post by bobroden » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Horn has found a good home. Thanks to all who expressed interest.
Davidus1

Re: FS: Yamaha 630 Medium Bore Tenor, With Case - SOLD

Post by Davidus1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Thank you for selling me the horn! Looking forward to receiving it. I didn't know it was a TromboneChat person that had it for sale. A bonus!
Conn Victor 5H
Yamaha YSL-630
Yamaha YSL-354
Miraphone 186 BBb

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”