King 4B or 5B case SOLD!

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Kingfan

King 4B or 5B case SOLD!

Post by Kingfan » Thu May 03, 2018 11:42 am

I bought this puppy as I was told it would work with my 3B-F. It would, but with a lot of mods as the case was just too big. I pulled out my old King 4B and the bell section fits perfectly. Mystery solved! However, my horn has the ring below the mouthpiece and the case is set up for the current model without the ring on the slide, so the slide doesn't fit in the case. If you have a newer horn, this is perfect for you. Older horn - a little persuasion with hand tools could open up the slot for the ring and it'll work just fine. Teh case is in great shape overall. The metal guards on the outside of the bell curves were off the case when I got it and are in a bag in case (pun intended) you want to put them back on. I'm asking what I paid - $60 plus shipping. Let me know if you want more photos.
Attachments
open case.jpg
open case.jpg (63.42 KiB) Viewed 885 times
Last edited by Kingfan on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Kingfan

Re: King 4B or 5B case

Post by Kingfan » Thu May 03, 2018 11:56 am

More pics
Attachments
case open.JPG
case open.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 881 times
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Thu May 03, 2018 11:59 am

Can't figure out how to attach more than one photo at a time... GRRRR
Attachments
4B in slots.JPG
4B in slots.JPG (2.87 MiB) Viewed 881 times
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Thu May 03, 2018 11:59 am

Bell section in padding.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Thu May 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Case
Attachments
case 3.JPG
case 3.JPG (2.43 MiB) Viewed 881 times
Matt K

Post by Matt K » Thu May 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Kingfan wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:59 am
Can't figure out how to attach more than one photo at a time... GRRRR
What happens when you press the "Add files" button after the first file uploads? You can also select more than one file at a time from the popup window.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Thu May 03, 2018 3:40 pm

I selected three files, only one showed up on the posts.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman » Thu May 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Note: I have the exact same case, but it came with a Conn 88H. It also fit a Conn 6H. Mine needs some minor repairs since it had an exposed U-nail that scratched the slide. When I removed it the flap and end of the accessory compartment came out with it. Need to drill a hole and mount the flap with a screw through the outside of the case into the wall part of the flap.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Thu May 03, 2018 4:21 pm

BGuttman wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:53 pm
Note: I have the exact same case, but it came with a Conn 88H. It also fit a Conn 6H. Mine needs some minor repairs since it had an exposed U-nail that scratched the slide. When I removed it the flap and end of the accessory compartment came out with it. Need to drill a hole and mount the flap with a screw through the outside of the case into the wall part of the flap.
Thanks! I have a similar case for my Holton TR180. just larger and different interior. I bet the only difference between your Conn case and my King case is the placement of the small pads that fit to the F tubing. That said, it could probably be modified for a Bach 42, Blessing B88, other .547 trombones with F.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:58 am

It is 32" from bell to tuning slide end inside; there is 5" from the end of my tuning slide to the padding at the end. Might fit an open wrap horn as well as closed. I would be happy to take any additional measurements.
Kingfan

Post by Kingfan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 pm

SOLD!!!!!

Return to “(Classifieds) Cases”