Practice Humor

Spin your yarns here.
BrassSection

Practice Humor

Post by BrassSection »

New singers, changing keys in several songs lately. Last week on Saturday I was looking over the song list. We normally do the song “Praise” in the key of A. This week, it’s in F. Great song for trumpets, had my pro trumpet playing buddy along one week, even with 2 trumpets another could have been added to it! Out doing farm chores with my trumpet playing grandson and asked him if he would practice Praise for me in the new key after chores were done. He just gave me a “Ha!” Maybe I’ll try again this weekend…Revelation Song moved from D to F. Euph usually gets used in D, trumpet may be better in F. I’ll ask him to practice on both for me! Thinking I’ll get a repeat answer!
BrassSection

Re: Practice Humor

Post by BrassSection »

Follow up. In spite of grandson not practicing for me, set went well today. First song in Bb. Used French horn, F horn only, no Bb side. Second song in F, used my Bb trumpet. 3rd song Bb again, trombone worked well in this song. 4th song in G, Euph covered it nice from the G below the staff to the G above the staff. Alls well that ends well!

Return to “Tangents”