Protec Max Case for Vintage 62H?

KWL

Protec Max Case for Vintage 62H?

Post by KWL »

I’m looking to get a Protec Max case for my vintage 62H. Hickey’s notes the following:
Centering blocks for the slide are at located 10.5 to 14.5 inches, and again at 22.5 to 25.5 inches. This is of concern only for those with rare tuning-in-the-slide systems.
That 22.5 to 25.5 puts a block right at the TIS mechanism. Has anyone dealt with this? Is the block smashable? I could see the TIS for a 70H being a problem, but perhaps the more “svelte” mechanism of the 62H could squeeze in?

I did see the thread Posaunus started about using a Max for his 71H. Surprisingly, the 62H slide, even extended a bit to be in tune, is shorter than the slide of my 73H. I assume slide length should not be an issue.
KWL

Re: Protec Max Case for Vintage 62H?

Post by KWL »

Answering my own question.

Based on a photo kindly provided by Posaunus I took a chance and picked up a Protec Max. As shown in the attached photos, it fits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Posaunus

Re: Protec Max Case for Vintage 62H?

Post by Posaunus »

KWL wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:08 am Answering my own question.

Based on a photo kindly provided by Posaunus I took a chance and picked up a Protec Max. As shown in the attached photos, it fits.
:good:

Return to “Accessories”