Schagerl Wunderhorn V

EZSlider

Schagerl Wunderhorn V

Post by EZSlider »

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has an experience with this horn? And also needed a little advice.
I currently have a king 1130 flugabone project in the works. But I'm starting to wonder if I should go all out and get a Wunderhorn.. when I'm looking into what it's costing me to build out the king I'm just about halfway there on the Wunderhorn. Think I can swing it if I move a few things.
Thanks in advance for any input
EZ
muschem

Re: Schagerl Wunderhorn V

Post by muschem »

No experience with them, but I did look at them (there may have been drooling involved) before embarking on the Lake City flugabone project. They look awesome, tbh.
Mike Shirley

Tenor trombone
Austin Symphonic Band

Bass trombone
Williamson County Symphony Orchestra
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

I wish they sold the design Leonhard Paul plays, but yeah, Schagerl has some cool instrument designs.

EZSlider

Post by EZSlider »

Yeah some pretty awesome stuff.. I would go for one of those in a second.. it would be tough to abandon the flugabone project, but one of these horns would be out of this world. I could probably just have Melanie touch up my flugabone a little bit and keep it for practice horn learning valves and what have you. I could probably still just barely swing one of these without having to sell the flugabone.. decisions decisions
EZ
Finetales

Post by Finetales »

The Wunderhorn V is possibly the coolest-looking bell-front valved low brass instrument of all time IMO. And I'm sure it plays fantastically like almost all Schagerl horns do. But it's quite a bit larger than any flugabone (.551" bore!), as it is a large beer hall-style bass trumpet, so it doesn't do the flugabone thing. If you just want "bell front valved tenor instrument" with an unlimited budget, then it's pretty hard to beat.
EZSlider

Post by EZSlider »

Yeah Roger that.. I was kinda wanting a larger bore instrument since bass bone is my main piece.. I don't know.. might just build my super pimped out flugabone and be happy..
Appreciate your flugabone videos by the way.. would love to see more!
EZ

Return to “Instruments”