Greenhoe GC2 With A Twist

MalecHeermans

Greenhoe GC2 With A Twist

Post by MalecHeermans »

Just took delivery of a Greenhoe GC2 - wow!

I always wanted a small bore Greenhoe, since the company started making custom horns in the early 2000's. I think there was talk of it near the end of the Gary Greenhoe era? Now with the horns being made by Schilke it's finally possible. And HOLY MOLY is this a great horn.

The twist? I asked Bryan Tipps at Greenhoe if they could do a gold brass bell. He said they could do a one piece soldered bell. Yes! Got in touch with Doug Bert at Brass Exchange and he facilitated all of it (thanks Doug!).

So a 20 year old dream has come through and I couldn't be happier with the way it plays. I'll post some video in the coming weeks.

ngrinder

Re: Greenhoe GC2 With A Twist

Post by ngrinder »

Wow, awesome, Malec! Maybe I can buy you a coffee or beer and come blow a few notes on that. I've been tinkering with small horns for a long time now and am really curious about the Greenhoe, especially that they did a one piece bell for you!
MStarke

Post by MStarke »

Nice horn!

I have not yet seen or played one, but I am REALLY tempted to order one still... Need to stay strong!
Markus Starke
https://www.mst-studio-mouthpieces.com/

Alto: Conn 35h, Kanstul, Weril
Tenor: 2x Conn 6h, Blessing medium, Elkhart 88H, 88HT, Greenhoe 88HT, Heckel, Piering replica
Bass: Conn 112h/62h, Greenhoe TIS, Conn 60h/"62h"
MalecHeermans

Post by MalecHeermans »

ngrinder wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:23 am Wow, awesome, Malec! Maybe I can buy you a coffee or beer and come blow a few notes on that. I've been tinkering with small horns for a long time now and am really curious about the Greenhoe, especially that they did a one piece bell for you!
Hi Nick!

Let's definitely connect in the new year!

Return to “Instruments”