Lance LaDuke

Discuss the people that make the music here.
Mikebmiller

Lance LaDuke

Post by Mikebmiller »

In case you missed it, Lance LaDuke, formerly of Boston Brass and the USAF band, and co-host of the Brass Junkies podcast for many years, passed away after an accident in his home recently. I didn't know him personally, but he seemed like a great guy with an excellent sense of humor and a great attitude on life. He was only 56, which, at 63, I consider very young these days. On the Brass Junkies, he always seemed to be the one trying to steer the conversation back to the original topic while Andrew was going off on a tangent about something. I am very sorry to hear about this.
Doug Elliott

Re: Lance LaDuke

Post by Doug Elliott »

Oh man, that sucks. Very sorry.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
EZSlider

Post by EZSlider »

Oh no... Heart breaking. Just awful.
EZ
Kbiggs

Post by Kbiggs »

That’s awful. Brass Junkies is a great podcast, and I really liked Lance’s (and Andrew’s) sense of humor. I’m sure he will be sorely missed by those close to him.
Kenneth Biggs
I have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.
—Mark Twain (attributed)
2bobone

Post by 2bobone »

I was fortunate enough to record a CD of "The River City Brass Band" with Lance as the euphonium player. It was as fine an example of euphonium playing as I've ever heard. Personable, talented and creative ---- it's a hard loss. RIP
elmsandr

Post by elmsandr »

Lance was a heck of a player and even better for the hang. I knew Lance from his time with the Brass Band of Battle Creek… I can vouch for almost all of the random stories from that band over the years on the podcast.

I suspect that he would have taken some fake umbrage at being called the one keeping a conversation on topic… he was very much in favor of fun after the gig was done. Even if, and sometimes especially if the joke was only funny to him.

The world has lost a fine musician, but more importantly it has lost a really good person who made life better and more fun for others.
Andy

Return to “Musicians”