Corporation 42 bells

rmb796

Corporation 42 bells

Post by rmb796 »

Hi
I have a yellow brass corporation bell section and the bell seems of a lighter weight than newer Bach 42 bells. I like the way it plays.
Are all corporation bells of a thinner material ? If, so I would sure like to find a corporation 42b bell section in gold brass.

Thanks

Randy
Burgerbob

Re: Corporation 42 bells

Post by Burgerbob »

I don't think you can really make a blanket statement... Corp bells can be heavy too. The one I'm using right now seems pretty regular weight.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
rmb796

Post by rmb796 »

Thanks for your reply Aidan. I am playing on a Jay Friedman gold brass/Thayer bell with a bach 42 slide now and like it except.....for high Ab. That one note vibrates funny and is hard to hit accurately. My corporation straight horn plays high Ab fine. Just trying to figure things out. I don't want to tear both horns apart to switch bells.

Thanks Randy
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

Yup, my Friedman bell is much lighter than my corp 42 yellow. Right now I much prefer the yellow.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

Ah yes, the dreaded high A-flat on a Bach 42. I have found it to be the most finicky note on the 42. You will probably need to experiment with leadpipe/mouthpiece combinations to sort through that.
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast

Return to “Instruments”