Thein Old German Style bass trombone

meine

Thein Old German Style bass trombone

Post by meine »

Since I was looking for a new bass trombone back in 2014 I‘m fascinated of the Thein Old German Style bass trombone https://thein-brass.de/en/instrument/ol ... ann-model/ . When I ordered my first Thein bass trombone the guys of Thein gave me the advice to stick to their Universal model, which was a good choice. But still I admire the look of the Old German Style horns. Sadly I never had the oportunity to test one.

Did somebody tested one of these horns? Or even owns one?
Kdanielsen

Re: Thein Old German Style bass trombone

Post by Kdanielsen »

I own the alto from that line. It’s amazing. Plays so so so well. I’ve always wanted to try the other horns.
Kris Danielsen D.M.A.

Westfield State University and Keene State College
Lecturer of Low Brass

Principal Trombone, New England Repertory Orchestra
2nd Trombone, Glens Falls Symphony
Sesquitone

Post by Sesquitone »

meine wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:18 pm Since I was looking for a new bass trombone back in 2014 I‘m fascinated of the Thein Old German Style bass trombone https://thein-brass.de/en/instrument/ol ... ann-model/ .
The specifications list a tuning of Bb/F-Gb-D, however, the picture shown has the finger-trigger-actuated valve tuned to G-natural. Presumably, both G-flat and G-natural finger-trigger tunings are available. The dual-bore slide is particularly interesting. I wonder what the bore of the attachment tubing is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
meine

Post by meine »

Thein makes custom tuning. I got a new valve section like the one in the foto. Max said Mark van den Berg (if I remember right) tried it out before I got it and he sounded very german.

Return to “Instruments”