Earl Williams 6 for sale Price reduced to $4500

Papadukes

Earl Williams 6 for sale Price reduced to $4500

Post by Papadukes »

Offered for sale is an original Earl Williams model 6, LA , #933. I am the second owner. I purchased this horn from a close friend of Earl. His trombone had been destroyed in a car crash so Earl built this horn especially for him. According to John Noxon, shop employee of Earl for years, this may be one of the finest horns built by Earl. I have that in writing. In addition, I have a substantial file on the life of this bone to include pictures and documents.

It’s difficult to explain how a horn plays, but based on my experience the horn responses quickly, blends beautifully with other instruments, and has a very distinctive sound. The slide is a little temperamental at times until you learn how to lubricate it properly. A slide tune up would be a good idea. There are no dents in the horn.

I have a file that contains correspondence between John Noxon and myself that contains some interesting info on Earl’s horns. John tried to purchase this model 6 from me several times, but I managed to hang on to it. Due to my age and health I am retiring from most of my music groups. I’ve been unable to use the horn for at least a year. It needs to be in the hands of someone who can appreciate its character and utilize it properly.
I have the original case. If you want it I can ship the horn in the original case. Otherwise, I will ship it with the case I purchased for this horn. If you want both cases I will give you the second case at no charge. You pay the shipping. Additionally, the original case contains an unmarked mouth piece possibly made by Earl. According to John Noxon, Earl experimented with mouthpieces and this piece could be one of them,

I have a Dropbox file containing pictures that I can email.
If you want a real deal Williams 6 this may be your chance. Horns of this quality do not come up for sale very often.
$4500 Plus 50$ to ship. $50 is not enough to ship so I will cover anything over #50.
Will not ship outside the continental USA. If you live in Hawaii our outside the USA and purchase the horn you must provide a name and address where I can ship it so you can pick it up.
Prefer PayPal, but will consider other payment options that provide clearance before I ship the bone.
Shipping to lower 48 states only.
540.809.8400 or papadukes04@yahoo,com
Last edited by Papadukes on Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HawaiiTromboneGuy

Re: Earl Williams 6 for sale

Post by HawaiiTromboneGuy »

I bet it’s worth every penny. I’d love to see photos of it if you don’t mind sending me the Dropbox link. Thanks!
Drew A.
Professional bum.
EriKon

Post by EriKon »

Wow!!!
Papadukes

Post by Papadukes »

HawaiiTromboneGuy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:46 pm I bet it’s worth every penny. I’d love to see photos of it if you don’t mind sending me the Dropbox link. Thanks!
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/gv1h0ad4 ... 7dy83&dl=0
Papadukes

Post by Papadukes »

HawaiiTromboneGuy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:46 pm I bet it’s worth every penny. I’d love to see photos of it if you don’t mind sending me the Dropbox link. Thanks!
i believe that you purchased a horn from me years ago. I sold a beautiful Bach 8.

Steve
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

Hey Steve, on Sunday the 16th I'm playing a Sinatra gig near Lake Anna (Everleigh Vineyards). If you still have that horn I'd love to play it on that gig and I'm sure can get you in. But there's no way I can afford to buy it. I'll have my 6, what I usually play.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Papadukes

Post by Papadukes »

Doug, Our social calendar gets tight in December. I would enjoy an evening of good music though.

I live about 30 minutes from the winery so if you wanted to play it ( and enlighten me ) you are welcome to stop by here before the gig. What time is your gig? I'm at 13305 Woodley Rd. Orange, Virginia 22960. Are you playing for Wyatt Michael? Steve
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

We're playing NYE with Wyatt in DC.
This gig is Tony Sands who I work with regularly.
It's a 7:00 gig but I have to be there about 4:00. It may not work to stop by, we'll be driving from Middleport OH. I'll be in touch.
Papadukes

Post by Papadukes »

Doug, I Ran across two messages from you this morning and now can't find them. If you want to talk I'm at 540.809.8400.

Steve Sanford
Doug Elliott

Post by Doug Elliott »

I'll call later. The gig near you was last night and I'm on the way home now.

Return to “Instruments”