Phil Wilson's Wizard of Oz Suite - NOW AVAILABLE!

TexasTBone

Phil Wilson's Wizard of Oz Suite - NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by TexasTBone »

The chart you've been waiting 30 years to put on your stands is finally available!

30 years ago, when I was supposed to go to Berklee and study with Phil Wilson (before life got in the way), he sent me his latest CD - Wizard of Oz Suite. I immediately fell in love with it, but the sheet music had never been published, so I never had the chance to play it. A couple of years ago I reached out to Phil and he explained the "usual" publishing houses didn't want to publish it because they didn't think it could make money for them. Well, some of us aren't in it for the money - we just want to bring great music to musicians and audiences. I worked to get all seven songs licensed and then spent almost two hundred hours engraving the score and parts - a total of 436 pages of sheet music for publication. This is the sort of thing that makes me excited to be in the music business, and it's been an honor to make this happen for Phil.

Wizard of Oz Suite is being published just in time for the 30th anniversary of the album release on Capri Records. This chart is one I believe can become a jazz band standard for decades to come and audiences will love every minute of it. Both the full band set and score are available for digital download, so you can buy it today and have it on stands at your next rehearsal.

Check it out at:
https://www.blocktmusic.com/wizard
Last edited by TexasTBone on Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Getzen 3062AF
Shires Q Alessi Tenor
Shires Q35 Alto
Buescher Grand Tru-Tone (1925)
SGH

Re: Phil Wilson's Wizard of Oz Suite - NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by SGH »

Your link didn’t work on my phone but I was able to search and reach the site. You might want to check.
TexasTBone

Post by TexasTBone »

SGH wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:37 pm Your link didn’t work on my phone but I was able to search and reach the site. You might want to check.
Not sure why that is. All the tests on my end worked.
Getzen 3062AF
Shires Q Alessi Tenor
Shires Q35 Alto
Buescher Grand Tru-Tone (1925)
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Try this link:
https://www.blocktmusic.com/wizard

Somehow the link in the original post got garbled.

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”