Instrument innovations thread adapter

bassbone1993

Instrument innovations thread adapter

Post by bassbone1993 »

Hey all!

For the techs out there, does anybody happen to know which of their thread adapters is needed for a stock Bach 50 slide? Looking to convert the slide to accept Edwards/Shires pipes.

Thanks!
Crazy4Tbone86

Re: Instrument innovations thread adapter

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

The Bi-Thread Adapter for a Bach 42 and a Bach 50 is the .684 bore adapter. Lately, that product has not been showing up on their website (I talked with Kim Olsen about this matter last week). If you type: “.684 bore” in the search window at the instrumentinnovations.com website, the correct model will show up.

Be aware that Bach 42 and 50 models are occasionally NOT exactly .684 inch. I have seen some horns that have varied by 4 or 5 thousandths of an inch in either direction. If you are able to accurately measure the outside of the mouthpiece receiver on your Bach and it is not close to .684, you can order a very specific size from the folks at Instrument Innovations.
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Zero level question: Does your 50B have removable leadpipes now, or is it soldered in? If you have a soldered in leadpipe you need to do some serious modifications to use the adapter.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
bassbone1993

Post by bassbone1993 »

Soldered leadpipe. I'm very aware there's going to be major modifications. This is a beater 50 that I'm replacing the outer and crook with M/K materials
Crazy4Tbone86

Post by Crazy4Tbone86 »

You might need to replace the upper inner slide if you cannot get that leadpipe out of there!
Brian D. Hinkley - Player, Teacher, Technician and Trombone Enthusiast

Return to “Modification & Repair”