Note of Appreciation

Spin your yarns here.
VJOFan

Note of Appreciation

Post by VJOFan »

Lots of things suck in the world.
This space doesn't. I appreciate that, and appreciate all of the users who keep it that way.

I am sure many of you exist in work spaces like mine where full honesty and tough debate is frowned upon. There is a way to think and talk and that must be upheld. If you venture to tear down a orthodoxy curtain, punishment is sure, though usually subtle, but definitely permanent.

Having a space like this where I see people can disagree and argue spiritedly and in the end, if necessary, can live with "agree to disagree" in a respectful way helps keep me sane.

Thanks to the owners, admin and users of this space. It is a pretty special environment. Especially online!
BrassSection

Re: Note of Appreciation

Post by BrassSection »

Agree on appreciation, as a long time player, but mostly self taught and not performing overly difficult music I feel at ease asking questions here. Sorta like my old hockey analogy: Being a New York Rangers fan in central Pa is at times difficult…but at Christmas time at my old work place, I bought Penguins stuff for those who liked them, and a Pens fan got me some NYR stuff, including a used game puck. At the end of the day, we were all hockey fans. Here, we are all trombone/brass players and accept each other. Thanks to all those whose knowledge I respect.
Neo Bri

Post by Neo Bri »

I'm glad to hear this. We initially created this site as a "lifeboat" in case the original Trombone Forum went down. Ultimately it did, so our preparation was timely.

For my own, I very much appreciate the mods/tech folks that keep things running smoothly and on track.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

And special gratitude to Brian - without him (and the others) we'd have no TromboneChat!

Return to “Tangents”