Apple Classical Music

Pictures, video, etc.
hwlentz

Apple Classical Music

Post by hwlentz »

For those with Apple devices (article says Android version is coming), Apple has released a free app titled “Apple Music Classical”. Searchable by many metadata points, including instrument:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/02/arts ... aming.html
calcbone

Re: Apple Classical Music

Post by calcbone »

Love this. I’ve been waiting for Apple to fully acknowledge classical music since the iPod/iTunes library days.

You could always search for “trombone concerto” or something if you knew what you were looking for, but the fact that you can browse by period, composer, etc. and discover new things is a real improvement for classical music fans.
=Tommy=
Trombone, stats, & precalculus

Bach 8 NY
King 3B Silversonic
Bach 36 MV
Shires dual bore/Thayer/1G
Bach 50A3/Edwards slide
afugate

Post by afugate »

My daughter tipped me off to a lot of great trombone music on Apple Music Classical. :good:

--Andy in OKC
craign

Post by craign »

I happened to be in NYC for the launch at the Apple Store on 5th Avenue and got to see Colin Williams and George Curran play a few Gershwin West Side story pieces in a NYPhil Brass quintet. Great group but pity the acoustics in the store are not good for that sort of ensemble.

Regarding the App I'm bummed it doesn't work with Apple Car Play.
hwlentz

Post by hwlentz »

craign wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:43 pm I happened to be in NYC for the launch at the Apple Store on 5th Avenue and got to see Colin Williams and George Curran play a few Gershwin West Side story pieces in a NYPhil Brass quintet. Great group but pity the acoustics in the store are not good for that sort of ensemble.

Regarding the App I'm bummed it doesn't work with Apple Car Play.
Ditto - figured that out this week. I would think it would be an easy enough fix.

Return to “Media”