Recommend a lead pipe for Kanstul 1662i

hyperbolica

Recommend a lead pipe for Kanstul 1662i

Post by hyperbolica »

I'd like to try a different lead pipe for my 1662i. Currently using the Kanstul 62 pipe. I'd like to move in the direction of a livelier, lighter sound. I generally prefer longer pipes, but I just want to try some different ones.

The horn originally came with the C, 62 and OL, I think. 62 was the best of them.

Any suggestions?
blast

Re: Recommend a lead pipe for Kanstul 1662i

Post by blast »

Those horns really work well with the Kanstul 169 pipe...at least, with my Kanstul 169 pipe.
Bonearzt

Post by Bonearzt »

Chris' suggestion is a good start, but as I mention ad nauseum, you need to try several in actual playing situations to get a true idea how a particular pipe will feel/work for you.
Eric Edwards
Professional Instrument Repair

"If you must choose between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried yet."
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

blast wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:18 am Those horns really work well with the Kanstul 169 pipe...at least, with my Kanstul 169 pipe.
And you're selling yours? :wink: finding one might take some time... Sounds like you actually used that combo. Can you comment on the differences between the 169 and another pipe?

Which threads go with the Kanstul? Is it the Shires?

Aside from finding one of those, I'm thinking a long nickel silver pipe is the place to start looking . M&K has a trial policy. Hickeys carries cheap OEM pipes. Brass Ark are pretty expensive with no way to know what is going to work.

Thx for the comments.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

My Elkhart 62h works really well with the Brassark BH62 pipe in yellow brass, great match.

Return to “Modification & Repair”