Low Bb vibrates to pedal notes

How and what to teach and learn.
Gedlik

Low Bb vibrates to pedal notes

Post by Gedlik »

I've been learning a trombone for a few months now and recently I started having an issue that after some time of playing my low Bb alternates quickly between pedal notes and Bb and then it just plays pedal notes. I play mostly with yamaha silent brass so Im wondering if that might be the problem
Doug Elliott

Re: Low Bb vibrates to pedal notes

Post by Doug Elliott »

I have not seen that before, but I wouldn't judge anything based on using a silent brass.
"I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two."
Gedlik

Post by Gedlik »

Given that it seems to happen after a certain time i thought that my muscles get tired due to increased resistivity of the mute also worth montioning that I only have this problem in 1st position when i play other ones in that partial or try to gliss from that pedal note its back to normal
Wilktone

Post by Wilktone »

Doug Elliott wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:46 pm I have not seen that before, but I wouldn't judge anything based on using a silent brass.
Do you remember me complaining about a double buzz on the low Bb where it would split to the pedal? I can’t recall that you ever saw it or not, but I do remember your advice at the time was to make sure I wasn’t overdoing my embouchure motion to descend, as I was also reversing that between low Bb and pedal Bb. Your thought, if I recall, was that I was too far in the descending direction by low Bb.
Gedlik wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:40 pm I've been learning a trombone for a few months now and recently I started having an issue that after some time of playing my low Bb alternates quickly between pedal notes and Bb and then it just plays pedal notes. I play mostly with yamaha silent brass so Im wondering if that might be the problem
I would need to see and hear it. It could be similar to what I went through. Can you post video?

Dave
--
David Wilken
https://wilktone.com

Return to “Teaching & Learning”