I tried the new Laskey Alessi 60s!!!

MistedSwan

I tried the new Laskey Alessi 60s!!!

Post by MistedSwan »

DISCLAIMER
I play a Bach 42 that has a reamed leadpipe. I am normally on a Greg Black 4.5G-5G (Lightweight) that has been adapted so it fits the proper length into this reamed leadpipe. I did not adapt the Laskey's. ALSO, this is not God's word, large grains of salt required from here.

60 Solo 1.024” Mid-Shallow 0.282” 0.438”
60 Symph 1.024” Mid-Deep 0.293” 0.438”

The 60SOLO was what I thought I would like. I've been looking for a mouthpiece that has a 4 rim (26mm/1.02362inches) but still a great response. The mouthpiece rim felt good on my face! The overall feel of the mouthpiece was not fantastic however. The resistance was a bit much for me, but the sound was just fine. The response was similar to the Greg Black 4.5G-5G (Lightweight). I could play on this mouthpiece, but I wouldn't feel great on it.

I found the 60SYMPH MUCH more to my liking. The feel is very nice, resistance just right, sound is fine. Response was a bit better than the Greg Black 4.5G-5G (Lightweight). I couldn't truly fill this one up, but that probably means I can grow into it and probably get a larger/louder overall sound after a month on it. I quite like this.

Sidenote for both mouthpieces, Alessi's signature looks VERY nice on the mouthpieces!
Bach5G

Re: I tried the new Laskey Alessi 60s!!!

Post by Bach5G »

Price?
trombonedemon

Post by trombonedemon »

How similar to the Greigo?
Conn 112 H w/bored out rotors w/heavyweight caps, Sterling Silver Edward's B3 and Shires B3 leadpipe w/62H slide. Long Island Brass Comp Dimensions 29.5 inner rim .323 backbore solid silver lefreque
CalgaryTbone

Post by CalgaryTbone »

I just tried them both out too - I liked the "solo" model better. Very good mouthpieces. I believe they are selling for $200 US at a few retailers for the silver plated versions. I think gold is about $100 more. I'm thinking of ordering one.

Jim Scott
rabiddolphin

Post by rabiddolphin »

I find it isn't really like the previous Griego model at all. The rim is overall more round than the previous and the inner edge is softer as well.
Druidman

Post by Druidman »

Personally, I find that the Griego mouthpieces tended to have a little more energy in the sound, but the Laskey pieces were still very good. I'm really curious about their Alessi Alto and Bass piece (if they're still planning on those).

Return to “Mouthpieces”