FS: Bach Bass Trumpet (Mount Vernon)

ttf_tfp43

Post by ttf_tfp43 »

I am selling a Bach Bass Trumpet from the Mount Vernon era. The serial number is #20130, which places it at about 1960. The instrument is in pristine condition; it appears not to have been used very much. The lacquer is in excellent shape, although it may have been relacquered, but it is difficult to be sure. As far as the playing condition is concerned, it is excellent. The valves still have good compression. If you look carefully at the pictures you can see that one of the pistons (2nd) is not the same as the others; it is a replacement.  When I obtained the instrument, the second piston was from a normal trumpet, so it was too small.  I got a new bass trumpet piston from Bach and had it enlarged by plating so it would fit tightly in the slightly larger Mount Vernon casings.  It is now essentially the same as the original piston.  It has been play tested for several days and judged to be a very fine instrument.
 It comes with what is probably the original case, which is still in good condition. It does not come with a mouthpiece.
$3500. plus shipping and PayPal is preferred
My email is   [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
Pictures at   https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0Q59UlCqvoWAn
ttf_tfp43

Post by ttf_tfp43 »

This has been sold.
ttf_johnstad

Post by ttf_johnstad »

Beautiful instrument. 

Return to “Classified Advertisements”