Flute Forums?

ttf_sterb225

Flute Forums?

Post by ttf_sterb225 »

As a parent to a gifted 15 year old clarinetist, I am suddenly needing to know a lot more about woodwinds that I ever thought I would care to.  Does anyone know if there are flute and clarinet forums that have a similar sense of community and trust as we have here?

ttf_sowilson

Flute Forums?

Post by ttf_sowilson »

my son is the trombonist, my daughter is the clarinet, bass clarinet, flute, tenor sax, bari sax player.  A couple of places to start are

http://www.woodwind.org  (has clarinet and flute forums)
https://forum.saxontheweb.net (look under doubling for flute and clarinet forums)
ttf_robcat2075

Flute Forums?

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

In my own woodwind ventures I've found that the internet offerings tend to be rather sparsely traveled and often have trouble dealing with  new-user questions calmly.  Image
ttf_BGuttman

Flute Forums?

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: robcat2075 on May 26, 2017, 02:39PM...often have trouble dealing with  new-user questions calmly.  Image

Which is one reason we do what we do.

We don't want to be a location for a noted player to hold court and dispense wisdom from above.
We don't want to be a forum of pros for pros.

If you want either of these, there are other sites around.
ttf_robcat2075

Flute Forums?

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

I don't want to discourage the OP from trying. You may very well get useful answers to your questions, just be braced for incomplete, unsupported or impatient ones.

Quote from: BGuttman on May 26, 2017, 02:47PMWe don't want to be a location for a noted player to hold court and dispense wisdom from above.

Not that that stops them...
ttf_robcat2075

Flute Forums?

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

I don't want to discourage the OP from trying. You may very well get useful answers to your questions, just be braced for incomplete, unsupported or impatient ones.

Quote from: BGuttman on May 26, 2017, 02:47PMWe don't want to be a location for a noted player to hold court and dispense wisdom from above.

Not that that stops them...

Return to “Chit-Chat”