New Forum Members!

ttf_trombonequeen142

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_trombonequeen142 »

ahahahaha...i actually LOVE Malaguena! we do this verson thats not really hard...but its hard to memorize and march with. also...the bones have a kick ass solo in the beginning!!! lol...and our band always plays loud..i dun think i've ever heard our band suck. i've been hearing them for 3 years too...since my middle school was right next to the high school. it was awesome. our band always blows away other bands too...like our last game was against Zephryhills...and not only did the football team win 41 to 21, but the our band most definately beat them....lol. it was horrific...they had the worst marching technique, the intervals were all screwy, the music sounded good at times...but that was only sometimes...lol.i feel bad for them.
ttf_freestyle eric

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_freestyle eric »

hey, i'm eric.  i joined the forum on wednesday, or something.  i'm a junior at the hartt school of music in connecticut, majoring in music production & technology and jazz studies.  i like really beautiful music.  for example: elliott smith, the red house painters, rachel's, dexter gordon, bill evans, and the books.  that's just a smattering.  anyway, i like beautiful music.  i'm not big on discussing equipment... nor technique very much, beyond what it takes to express my ideas.  i'm not really interested in what horn j.j. was playing on what recording or how curtis holds his horn or how high bob mcchesney can play.  i'd rather just listen to curtis's beautiful lines and try and figure out how to play great music like that.  anyway, that should be a sufficient introduction.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I guess i'm one of few non-americans here, but still; my name is Lars, i'm 23 years old and live in the south (but still cold) of norway. I guess i just kinda accidentally surfed on this forum and found it to be quite a valuable resource. I just started playing my trusty old Bach 42BO again after a four year break while studying information technology. Right now i play 1st tenor in our local brassband (english style / setup i guess), and i really love it (although it was nice to take a break). I guess my total mileage with the trombone is about 7 years now. Gotta love the dead IT job-market... Gives me alot of time to practice  Image
ttf_ParLawGod

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_ParLawGod »

Welcome to the forum Lars!  Total mileage of 7 years, eh?  I'm shooting for 70 (still got a long ways to go lol).  See you around the boards...

BTW: How cold is it in Norway this time of year (in your part that it)?
ttf_larsggu

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_larsggu »

Thanks alot. Well, today it's actually sunny and 8°C so it's not too bad. Been raining alot lately though, but that's usual in autumn here.  The forecast says it's going to be colder next week. Closing in on 0°C i guess (brrr). Link <- i live in between Oslo and Kristiansand  Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I'm Kinda new, so...I'm Ryan Miller. I'm a freshman studying music performance at Wright State University. I've never really had the urge to do all that "honor band" stuff, so, I don't have much to brag about.  I march drum corps in the summer, and practice trombone all the rest of the year. I've played with several ensembles such as the Toledo Symphony and several well known college ensembles. I was deemed "Gifted in the Arts" by the state of Ohio and have won several national band awards. I enjoy plaing "heavy" classical music such as Wagner and especially Mahler.
Well, thats about all. Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

hey.  i'm dan and i've been playing for 9 years which considering i'm only 17 and a senior in high school, it decent i guess.  i sit principle in many groups - from jazz to symphonys.  its all good.  just thought i'd introduce myself and start to get to know you all.
ttf_Brisko

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Brisko »

I, too, am new to the forum, although I've been browsing the website for quite a while, now.   I'm Matt James, majored in music performance, blah, blah, blah.... I work as a fleet manager/analyst/job du jour for a large office equipment company (not Xerox!).  I teach a few lessons, play in churches occasionally, and whatever else I can fit in to a busy schedule.  The only group I regularly play with is a trombone quartet that some friends and I formed over a year ago, now.  I also compose music when I have time (which isn't often Image  I start more than I finish ).  I have a few things that are done and are decent (and a lot more that's not).
I live in the Minneapolis, MN area.
ttf_Woolworth

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Woolworth »

Matt James, from Canton, SD?
ttf_Brisko

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Brisko »

Rich:
Umm, yeah, the one and only.  Am I wanted by the law over there?

Actually, I think I should know you.  The name is very familiar.
ttf_Woolworth

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Woolworth »

Quote from: "Brisko"Rich:
Umm, yeah, the one and only.  Am I wanted by the law over there?

Actually, I think I should know you.  The name is very familiar.

I was the trombone auditioner for SD All-State Jazz Band.  I assigned you 1st chair a couple of times?
ttf_Brisko

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Brisko »

Don't know if you got the pm-- of course, now I remember you.  I'm amazed you remember me after all these years.  Good to hear from you!

Matt
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi!
Ive been reading on the forum for a couple months, and finally got around to getting a name, so hello!  Image
ttf_VoodooChild42

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_VoodooChild42 »

Welcome aboard!!! I jumped right into the forum after reading it for one day. I'm a computer freak though, and <3 forums.

Forums are l33tsauce!!!! Image
ttf_trombonequeen142

New Forum Members!

hello! i just got an email and it said there was a new post and i thought i'd reply coz i haven't posted in a while...lol. welcome...even though i'm quite new myself. lol...i also joined after one day..i'm not a computer freak but i do love my trombone.
-Mandee
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hey I'm new...kinda...i think i signed up 3 or four days ago, whatever! But my name is Amy, and I play the trombone, have been playing it since 5th grade and i lover it! I'm fourteen, a freshman at Tates Creek High School, and...i guess thats it! Image

Amerz

OH! I FORGOT SOMETHING! I'm a ninja!
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Welcome, new members!  Image Image

However, Girltromboner, I don't think we need to know this....

"Hullo? My name is Nathan Neely, and I have a small penis."

May I recommend a different siggie?
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

well...it was an inside joke but hey okay thats cool!
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

what the!? i changed my siggie and its not changing!
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Can I help? What did you do?
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

AHH! i changed it on my profile setting thing but its not working...did i do something wrong?
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

i donno...is it fixed now?
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Hang on, I'll have a look....
ttf_Sinfonia98

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Sinfonia98 »

Quote from: "RedHotMama"Hang on, I'll have a look....
whoa!!!!  

Image  Image  Image

this is the OTJ, right?
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Sorry, Beau? Image

Girltromboner, did you click on "Submit" (down at the bottom of your profile page) after editing your profile?

Anyways, I've taken out the naughty phrase - could you try posting again, please?
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

Ah! I see it's gone! Image
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

May I make a comment which is purely personal? To all members?

Well, I'm going to make it anyway!

It would be so, so nice to know your names.

Just your first names would be great!

It feels so horribly bland and impersonal just to have a username. I like to think of us as a family, or at least mates. And I WOULD like to know what to call you. Could you not just stick your first name in your signature? Please?
ttf_Sinfonia98

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Sinfonia98 »

sorry, bad joke on my part.
ttf_RedHotMama

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_RedHotMama »

I don't mind bad jokes, Beau!

I just didn't understand it!
ttf_tbone62

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_tbone62 »

Christine,

I kind of agree that it would be nice to have first names in signatures.  I'll put mine in there, although my name's a bit unusual so there aren't too many of us around.  But I'm with you---I feel like I have friends here, and it would be nice to be on a first name basis.
ttf_trombonequeen142

New Forum Members!

hullo everyone! my name is Mandy...lol...but i think thats obvious. lol...yep...ok...lol. ima go post somewhere else now. lol. byebye!

-mandee
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

my name is Amy! w00t w00t! Image
ttf_Adurobone

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Adurobone »

Hello Amy... a ninja we can work with.
ttf_Precious

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Precious »

Quote from: "RedHotMama"May I make a comment which is purely personal? To all members?

Well, I'm going to make it anyway!

It would be so, so nice to know your names.

Just your first names would be great!

It feels so horribly bland and impersonal just to have a username. I like to think of us as a family, or at least mates. And I WOULD like to know what to call you. Could you not just stick your first name in your signature? Please?

Image Well, I would, but (there is that dreaded word again) Hubs prefers that I don't share my name with everyone.  He reads a couple forums too, and doesn't use his name either.  The reason behind it is a very very long story, and one that I'd really prefer not to get into.  Image

On the other hand, if it makes you feel better, nearly everyone calls me "Precious" off line.  It started in highschool, and kinda stuck.  The last remaining few that don't call me that are immediate family members (Except for my birth family, they call me Harley, but that was my grandfathers doing, even longer story).  I think that there are exactly 5 people on the forum that do know my real name, but 99% of that is the fact that I have become really close with them *off* the forum.  

However, I will extend the offer to the very long, boring story of just why Hubs doesn't want my name out here on the internet to the Administrators, if they so wish to hear it.   If you really feel adventurous, please pm me.

*hugs*
Precious
ttf_blast

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_blast »

hi. im new. and you shall never know my name.......although its not really that hard to find out...........
ttf_Sinfonia98

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Sinfonia98 »

Quote from: "grandiosobsessed"hi. im new. and you shall never know my name.......although its not really that hard to find out...........
how will i ever sleep at night....
ttf_bontrone23

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_bontrone23 »

I joinend the forum a couple of weeks ago. I'm a freshman at Fairport Highschool in Ohio. I've been playing since 5th grade. I'm 1st chair in marching band,concert band and jazz band. I  play 3rd part in Lakeland Jazz impact. I'm glad I found this forum I've been getting some good advice. thanks
ttf_Jox

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Jox »

Hello I'm Xavier Gonzalez (call me Jox) . I'm 16 years old. A philipino immigrant who came to america when I was ten. Year 1999. When I went to sixth grade I decided to play tuba. I started out aweful and then improved to being the best in middle school and one of the best ever in my school. (new school not too old though  Image ) In 8th grade I learned the euphonium for Jazz (what was I thinking ?). In 9th grade my first year of marching I marched the sousaphone. Our band that year got Excellents. (not the best or worst) Though the judges gave the baritones and trombones not so good comments they were in love with the two tuba players which were I was lucky to be one of. It was a very great feeling. That concert season I played a little bit of euphonium but then switched to trombone. It was my first year. I admit I wasn't good at all. Then  I  fell in love with the Bass Trombone. An instrument that can express beauty and evil. Though I practiced a little (most of you wouldn't consider this really even practice with the total time) I improved and learned some. I started on a Shilke 60. I thought as a former tuba player It wouldn't affect me I was wrong. I switched to a Faxx 1.5G after getting reccommended to get one. I loved this mouth piece and the bass. A Getzen Eterna 1062FD (might of got the number wrong) though  it was the school's . So I can't play it anymore since my band director doesnt want me to and sorta dislikes me even though I havent done anything wrong at all. Image  Image . So i'm back to tenor. I'm glad to be a part of this forum  Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I guess I may as well post, right?  I'm not really new to the forum - I've been lurking on and off for some years.  But, I just started posting recently, so the username is new.  I'm 23, classical trombonist in Chicago.  My day job is a web programmer (XHTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL), and I maintain Jay Friedman's site and my own.  Feel free to PM me.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

hi everybody.
The forum has become highly interesting for me since I started "working" someplace with a connection to the net in front of me and a lot of free time.
How are you all?

In my general wonderings through the site I came across this forum.
nice one.
The name thing sounds good to me.
I'd realy rather know the names of people instead of reffering to them as "RGXSUPERbone192" or somehting llike that.
My name is Arnon (as I signed a gfew posts before) and close friends call me ervin as well so my username is not that impersonal.

Anyway, about myself: I'm Israely, studiyng music at the music and dance academy in Jerusalem, working in all kinds of weird jobs that pay the rent.

As people said before, feel free to pm me.

arnon  Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hm, not new exactly, but I joined a while back and then never really got involved with the forum.  So I might as well start over.  Senior in high school, playing in several groups, going to All-State Band in February (yay!).  Hope to minor in music in college.  Woo hoo.  My friends and I have come to the conclusion that you have to be kind of goofy to play trombone.  My name is Becky, by the way, since people seem to be on a kick about names.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hello all; My name is James and I am brand new around here.I played trombone in high school twenty something years ago and want to start playing again.Right now I am looking for a horn here locally but it will probably have to wait till after the Fat Man gets through with me.I played a King in school and will probably go back to one again.Thanks to this site I can go MUCH better armed with info about price,quality,ECT.ECT. Well that about says it all.Have a great holiday season.James Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

i'm a hobby jazz man from Sweden living in new zealand at the moment. play tenor trombone and chear lots on piano.

todeloo!
john
ttf_kea

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_kea »

meant to say "cheat"
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: "Jox"So I can't play [bass bone] anymore since my band director doesnt want me to and sorta dislikes me even though I havent done anything wrong at all. Image  Image . So i'm back to tenor.
Hi X.G.
I just noticed your post. I think you are reading your band director wrong. It sounds like you have some real talent and he (or she) knows it and needs you on the 1st part. Your director may be annoyed that you don't practice more, but that's probably not serious. If you aren't disruptive during rehearsals you might be surprised to hear the good things the director says about you when you aren't there.
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Ok , I already posted a good long intro story in the mpc forum, but here's my official entry and mini-bio:

My name's Aaron. I've been playing t-bone since it was forced upon me in 5th grade. I really completely hated it (bad, bad band directors) until high school, when I discovered jazz, marching band, and a cool BD (thanks Mr G!). Was 1st chair in concert, jazz, & marching... Also started teaching myself guitar & bass around this time... Graduated Rochester Mayo '96...

I went to community college for one year, and then moved to Mpls to play in rock (and funk/jazz/ska) bands. Which I did best with a group called PUAFUA - we recorded 2 albums & played bars all over MN for 5yrs. In that period of time, I became a serious hack. Too much partying and not enough practicing. Now I'm playing (and writing and singing) in a band called Gold Standard, and am trying to get my skills back.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all. I've got a lot of free time at work, so expect to hear a lot from me. Image
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Hi I am a seventh grader and I LOVE hot jazz. I play a student Blessing Scholastic B23. gjones is not even close to my real name. I live in Portland Oregon. Glad I could join you guys(and girls)
QuoteIt dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing  Image  Image  
ttf_anonymous

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_anonymous »

well i guess i'm not that new to the forum, but i didn't post in this topic before so here goes.
my name's jeff, i'm from new zealand, and i've been working on cruise ships for a few years now (cause there's not enough gig's at home!)
i'm currently at home in auckland for a few months.

pm me if you're from/in nz!!!

cheers,
jeff
ttf_Da Dope 1

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_Da Dope 1 »

Wassup, my name is Dan, I play second in The MPHS Symphonic Band and second in MPHS Jazz Ensemble 1.  I am a sophomore.  The marching band went to Albany, Oregon on Veterans Day and beat the local high schools of Oregon.  We have a very good Jazz Band. Really good Marching Band.  Very small though with about 70 to 100 bandmembers this year.  I wonder if anyone in this forum ever went to MPHS in Washington State.
ttf_MikeBassBone

New Forum Members!

Post by ttf_MikeBassBone »

Hello everyone, I am Mike G. I play the bass trombone. I live in Roanoke, Texas. I go to high school at Northwest High School (located a mile away from the Texas Motor Speedway). I am a senior, and first chair trombone. Yet I play bass and sit by the tubas, hmmm......

There isn't much fame for my position but I'm the best at our school, plus I love all the low parts, especially in 1st Jazz Band, 2nd Block. (coastline cruise, sweet georgia brown, original people, black orpheus)

My hobbies are the trombone, practicing, playing bass guitar, reading this forum, trying to convince my parents to buy me an instrument/mouthpiece/mute/music book/solo, and xbox, but that never leads to anything good. I do some other stuff but I can't think of it all at the moment.

After high school I have my sights set on University of North Texas, or University of Texas at Arlington, or Southern Methodist University, or anyone else that will let my play my bass bone at their school...

Then I want to join the Army band and get my act really together, then go back to school for my masters in performance and then maybe a doctorate.

I love this forum, I read it all the time and learn many useful things from it. Thank you to all those who gave me their valuable advice, I truly appreciate it.

I've added some pictures, take a look if you want.
Mike's Album

Keep up the good work OTJ I love this site.

Return to “Chit-Chat”