Double-tongue and spit

ttf_jalapeno

Double-tongue and spit

Post by ttf_jalapeno »

Asking for a friend:

"So I’m working on double tonguing and I’m doing some of the exercises out of Arbans. My only problem is I’m getting a **** ton of spit building up in my oral cavity. Thoughts and tips guys?"
ttf_timothy42b

Double-tongue and spit

Post by ttf_timothy42b »

That happened to me when I experimented with dorsal tonguing.

It went away after a bit though. 
ttf_Doug Elliott

Double-tongue and spit

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

There are salivary glands on the bottom of your tongue that are activated by tongue motion.  I haven't specifically had that problem that I've noticed.  Probably as you refine your motion it will diminish.
ttf_savio

Double-tongue and spit

Post by ttf_savio »

I dont have problem with that, but I have trouble doing many double tongue in a row. Four sixths notes is fine but 16 in a row is problem......dont know why.

Leif
ttf_Bassboy

Double-tongue and spit

Post by ttf_Bassboy »

Quote from: Doug Elliott on Oct 10, 2017, 02:43PMThere are salivary glands on the bottom of your tongue that are activated by tongue motion.  I haven't specifically had that problem that I've noticed.  Probably as you refine your motion it will diminish.

I would echo this. I was doing a somewhat aggressive Arban's routine in grad school that lasted a few years. At the very beginning I had the same issue as noted in the OP. Went away after some time, and I think due to it becoming more practiced and consistent. OP tell your friend to be patient.
ttf_Bassboy

Double-tongue and spit

Post by ttf_Bassboy »

Quote from: Doug Elliott on Oct 10, 2017, 02:43PMThere are salivary glands on the bottom of your tongue that are activated by tongue motion.  I haven't specifically had that problem that I've noticed.  Probably as you refine your motion it will diminish.

I would echo this. I was doing a somewhat aggressive Arban's routine in grad school that lasted a few years. At the very beginning I had the same issue as noted in the OP. Went away after some time, and I think due to it becoming more practiced and consistent. OP tell your friend to be patient.

Return to “Practice Room”