Update and preview: Yeo/Pagano recording project

ttf_yeodoug

Post by ttf_yeodoug »

As many of you know, Gerry Pagano and I have just finished recording a new CD project of bass trombone duets. The repertoire covers a lot of ground, from Renaissance duets to Bach to Bartok to Tommy Peterson to Arvo Pärt to . . .  well, like I said, it covers a lot of ground.

Michael Lake was our recording engineer and many of you also know Mike as an outstanding jazz alto trombone player and composer. Mike wrote a piece for the album, titled Devils & Angels that features Gerry and me, Mike's great improv, an overdubbed section for five trombones, and my doing some avant-garde improvisation on serpent. Mike has put the track up on his website as a kind of preview for the album. I have to say that Gerry and I love this piece, and think that Mike has done something really special with all that is going on around our playing. Have a listen. More about the whole project in a few days. Just click on the link below to go to the page on Mike's website where you can hear the piece and learn more about it. While you're there, investigate Mike's website, blog and other products. He is one seriously creative guy.

As you listen, you'll hear Gerry in the left channel (playing the bottom part) and I'm in the right channel (playing the lead/top part).

http://www.altobone.com/devils-angels/

-Douglas Yeo
ttf_yeodoug

Post by ttf_yeodoug »

As many of you know, Gerry Pagano and I have just finished recording a new CD project of bass trombone duets. The repertoire covers a lot of ground, from Renaissance duets to Bach to Bartok to Tommy Peterson to Arvo Pärt to . . .  well, like I said, it covers a lot of ground.

Michael Lake was our recording engineer and many of you also know Mike as an outstanding jazz alto trombone player and composer. Mike wrote a piece for the album, titled Devils & Angels that features Gerry and me, Mike's great improv, an overdubbed section for five trombones, and my doing some avant-garde improvisation on serpent. Mike has put the track up on his website as a kind of preview for the album. I have to say that Gerry and I love this piece, and think that Mike has done something really special with all that is going on around our playing. Have a listen. More about the whole project in a few days. Just click on the link below to go to the page on Mike's website where you can hear the piece and learn more about it. While you're there, investigate Mike's website, blog and other products. He is one seriously creative guy.

As you listen, you'll hear Gerry in the left channel (playing the bottom part) and I'm in the right channel (playing the lead/top part).

http://www.altobone.com/devils-angels/

-Douglas Yeo

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”