FS: Sennheiser MD421 U5 microphones

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
jchiang9

FS: Sennheiser MD421 U5 microphones

Post by jchiang9 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi all,

I've got 3 Sennheiser MD 421 U5 dynamic microphones for sale. They've all been tested and work great. These are the older versions of this mic (which appears to be the more desirable versions). It has a 5 position roll off (I leave it on one setting for the most part).

These mics are in great shape. No cracks in the body and no dents in the windscreen. They were marked by the previous owner (a studio). The clips work well (not a fan of the design, but these work!)

Each mic includes a well used Shure zipper pouch (nothing fancy here, but they work.)

These are great mics! Common recommendation for trombones. From what I see, these are pretty versatile mics. They're used on drums, amps, and vocals.

$275 each

Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/96pHjXKTJ9s692JfA
stanzabone

Re: FS: Sennheiser MD421 U5 microphones

Post by stanzabone » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:22 am

I'll join the recommendation, these are great horn mics, despite having the worst mic clip ever. I played into one for a year's tour way back in the 70's. If I had the $$$ I'd pick up at least one just for sentimental reasons. :good:
jchiang9

Re: FS: Sennheiser MD421 U5 microphones

Post by jchiang9 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:46 pm

These are great! And in case you aren't familiar, these are about $380 new at the moment for the current available version.

I'd be willing to listen to offers as well!

Return to “(Classifieds) Everything Else”