Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

ttf_bpat9107

Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

Post by ttf_bpat9107 »

I recently found out what I need to prepare for college ensemble auditions. One of the excerpts is from the Stravinsky Octet (3rd bar of 22- end of movement and 69-70). I can't seem to find a copy of the music, free or otherwise. Is there a way I can get the music for the excerpt (preferably for free)? Also, is there some sort of book that has a bunch of important excerpts in it? A trumpet friend of mine has a book like that by Mike Sachs of the Cleveland Orchestra.
ttf_BGuttman

Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

It's at the Fleisher Library in Philadelphia.  You might be able to get it by inter-library loan:

https://know.freelibrary.org/Record/1712025

Also available from Luck's Music Library:

http://www.lucksmusic.com/CatalogSymph.aspx?Detail=Y&ItemCode=12094

I have a slew of books with orchestral excerpts, but most of the stuff that is Public Domain is on-line somewhere.

Gordon Cherry (Vancouver) published a CD (maybe it's 2 now) with full trombone parts for a lot of symphonies and other orchestral works.  Might want to check that out.
ttf_trombonemetal

Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

Post by ttf_trombonemetal »

Here you go:

http://archives.nyphil.org/index.php/artifact/f4d4eb6b-ab25-42d1-8cf7-d7cdf497e1ba

Score and parts. You'll have to copy it out or do some digital trickery.
ttf_trombonemetal

Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

By the way this was literally the first search result from Google.
ttf_trombonemetal

Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

Also, Megumi Kanda recently compiled an excellent excerpt book (does not have this excerpt). You can get it at hickeys.
ttf_GetzenBassPlayer

Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

Post by ttf_GetzenBassPlayer »

Quote from: trombonemetal on Jul 15, 2017, 07:09PMAlso, Megumi Kanda recently compiled an excellent excerpt book (does not have this excerpt). You can get it at hickeys.

I have the Doug Yeo book for bass trombone and it is very well done.
ttf_anonymous

Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

Post by ttf_anonymous »

The octet parts are not on the Cherry CD. Having performed the piece, I did most of my practice off of the score rather than the part.  It helped figure out exactly where my part fit. Also, most of the rhythms look more complicated than they actually are.
ttf_anonymous

Stravinsky Octet Excerpt

Post by ttf_anonymous »

The octet parts are not on the Cherry CD. Having performed the piece, I did most of my practice off of the score rather than the part.  It helped figure out exactly where my part fit. Also, most of the rhythms look more complicated than they actually are.

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”