For Sale: Yamaha YSL 356R

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
jimtheob

For Sale: Yamaha YSL 356R

Post by jimtheob » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:38 am

I have a Yamaha YSL 358R for sale. It is in near-mint condition with almost no wear and a great slide.

The specs are:
Dual Bore .500/.525
F attachment with string

I need to sell this to recoup some expenses, otherwise I would keep it. If you didn't know, this was marketed as a student horn but was adopted by professionals because it was just a great instrument. It is not available in the US any more. Asking $600.00

Please email me for photos which for some reason I cannot attach. jimtheob@gmail.com
Attachments
yamaha5.jpg
yamaha5.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 340 times
yamaha3.jpg
yamaha3.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 340 times
yamaha.jpg
yamaha.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 340 times
Last edited by jimtheob on Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marccromme

Re: For Sale: Yamaha YSL 358R

Post by marccromme » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:14 pm

I think the correct model number is YSL-356R? We have the similar YSL-356G here in the EU. A great horn, very versatile for 1st in brass band or symphony, or 2 chair in big band, or solo work. Cheap but good. I keep mine, God luck with you sale.
brtnats

Post by brtnats » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 pm

356R is a variant. These are outstanding trombones.
bimmerman

Post by bimmerman » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:29 pm

I still wish I had never sold mine....these are such great horns!
jimtheob

Re: For Sale: Yamaha YSL 356R

Post by jimtheob » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:15 pm

Your are correct,brtnats. It is a 356R. Hard to read them little numbers, heh heh.
jimtheob

Post by jimtheob » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:21 am

I have to cancel this post. Every time I try to log in to Trombonechat I have to get a new password which may or may not work. If there is any interest in this instrument, it will be on eBay. This is extremely frustrating and I will not be able to use Trombonechat any more. When I try to contact the board administrator I get a message that it has been disabled. Bummer.
DaveAshley

Post by DaveAshley » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:20 am

I LOVE the 356R. It was marketed as an "intermediate" instrument. Forget that! It's super versatile and outplays many "professional" line trombones. Honestly - if I were ever to experience some (extreme) financial hardships, I would probably keep my 356R and sell the rest of my horns.

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”