FS: Edwards B454-DE with screw-bell ($2500)

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
InstantMapleSyrup

FS: Edwards B454-DE with screw-bell ($2500)

Post by InstantMapleSyrup » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:13 pm

Price drop to $2500 - hoping to move this before I leave town on the 10th. All offers considered.

Hi everyone,

I'm selling an Edwards B454 with a screw bell and set of dependent Thayer valves.

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/1rNaFgW

I'm asking 2500 USD, and buyer pays shipping (preferably CONUS) - so probably around 2600 altogether. That's what I'm hoping to get - but I'm flexible on the price, and also interested in general in trades or trades + cash. The horn can be shipped without a case, or in one of those big wooden Getzen cases - up to you.

I'm sad to sell this, but I have another horn that I'm using and can't justify having this horn as well. It is a great player, and was acquired recently in a trade from a friend. I got a good deal on it, so I'm hoping to pass this along to someone who will really enjoy it - as well as enjoy the benefits of a screw bell.

The screw bell was done by Eric Edwards. The bell also has a dent that happened when it came into my hands. The reason for this was because the case I used (an Edwards case) held the horn a little loose, and the bell came into contact with the little area where you keep mouthpieces and oils etc... It could've been avoided if I moved the pads around a bit better, but there you go. I had another horn with the exact same dent, but didn't connect the dots until I saw it on this Edwards.

There was also a repair done on the main brace to the F valve tuning.

Slide is dual bore, and plays great and is very smooth. I can take a video for any prospective buyers.

I played this for a couple of months, and really enjoyed it!

Send me a message or an e-mail with any questions or offers. I have to hold onto the horn until around Dec. 7th or 8th, but it'll be ready to ship around then.
Last edited by InstantMapleSyrup on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ZacharyThornton

Re: FS: Edwards B454-DE with screw-bell.

Post by ZacharyThornton » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:53 pm

Have you found a screw bell case to work with it?
InstantMapleSyrup

Re: FS: Edwards B454-DE with screw-bell.

Post by InstantMapleSyrup » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 pm

ZacharyThornton wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:53 pm
Have you found a screw bell case to work with it?
Didn't get to that stage unfortunately. If I was keeping the horn I would definitely get one!
Davidmiller

Re: FS: Edwards B454-DE with screw-bell ($2500)

Post by Davidmiller » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:49 am

Hello I was curious if you would be interested in trades for a tenor trombone or euphonium?
InstantMapleSyrup

Re: FS: Edwards B454-DE with screw-bell ($2500)

Post by InstantMapleSyrup » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:47 am

A bit of interest, but no takers. I'll put the horn on eBay in January if I don't sell by Tuesday. Thanks for looking!

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”