Looking for King 3B

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
Pdev

Looking for King 3B

Post by Pdev » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:51 am

Hello!!!
Just testing the water at the mo.
But..
Potentially looking for a great condition vintage King 3B. Possibly Silversonic.
What’s out there????
Cheers,
Phil
🙏
WGWTR180

Re: Looking for King 3B

Post by WGWTR180 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:54 am

I definitely know someone selling a 3B Silversonic. I'll get details.
bobroden

Post by bobroden » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:15 pm

I have a really excellent vintage 3B listed on BrassArk right now: http://www.brassark.com/sale/

Be sure to click on the "trombones" checkbox to see the current listings.

Here's the description from the listing:

Vintage 1960s King 3B Cleveland
The Cleveland made King 3B trombones are some of the most desirable versions of the 3B. This one is in particular clean condition, showing some minor lacquer wear from typical use. No signs of major dings and the slide action is good. Big sound with clarity and brilliance. Would be great for commercial and pit work. $1350 with original case.
Pdev

Post by Pdev » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:28 pm

WGWTR180 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:54 am
I definitely know someone selling a 3B Silversonic. I'll get details.
Brilliant! Thank you very much! 🙏😁
Pdev

Post by Pdev » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:29 pm

bobroden wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:15 pm
I have a really excellent vintage 3B listed on BrassArk right now: http://www.brassark.com/sale/

Be sure to click on the "trombones" checkbox to see the current listings.

Here's the description from the listing:

Vintage 1960s King 3B Cleveland
The Cleveland made King 3B trombones are some of the most desirable versions of the 3B. This one is in particular clean condition, showing some minor lacquer wear from typical use. No signs of major dings and the slide action is good. Big sound with clarity and brilliance. Would be great for commercial and pit work. $1350 with original case.
Great. Thank you. I’ll take look.
👍🙏👀
JackSchatz

Post by JackSchatz » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 pm

I have a vintage 1955 sterling 3B in Excellent Condition. All original in original coffin case. Slide is 10/10. I'm selling it for a friend who just retired. PM if interested. $1,500.00
Pdev

Post by Pdev » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:24 pm

JackSchatz wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:51 pm
I have a vintage 1955 sterling 3B in Excellent Condition. All original in original coffin case. Slide is 10/10. I'm selling it for a friend who just retired. PM if interested. $1,500.00
Thanks Jack.
I’ve emailed you. 😁
Beethoven

Post by Beethoven » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:42 pm

I have an very nice King 3B Plus (2103) for sale that I have used as my number one jazz horn for 7 years.
The King 3BPL Plus Legend Series Trombone offers a slightly more open feel compared to the standard 3B. The 3B Plus features a .525"" bore for a full sound plus an 8"" one-piece hand hammered bell and nickel silver outer slides for excellent response and action. Yellow brass Lacquer.

The King 3B Legend Trombone has been the preferred trombone by studio musicians and professional jazz players for decades. Like the 3B, the King 3B Plus features nickel silver outer hand slide for excellent projection and open upper register. The 3B Plus also features an 8-inch bell with a taper that offers a quick response with a subtle brilliance. This instrument merits serious consideration by any serious player seeking to find a horn they can live with for a long time. It's lightning-fast slide action and tremendous agility revolutionized both trombone playing and trombone manufacturing when it was first introduced, and it remains a gold standard for professional trombonists the world over. I'm asking $1,095 for it plus shipping.

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”