Hovaness Concerto no 3

ttf_jackbird

Hovaness Concerto no 3

Post by ttf_jackbird »

Is anyone familiar with Hovaness Concerto No 3? Do any recordings exist? Original appears to be for euphonium/baritone.
ttf_djdekok

Hovaness Concerto no 3

Post by ttf_djdekok »

I only know of Symphony #29, for euphonium and orchestra... Image  Okay, I see (and remember seeing back in the day) "The religious singer". According to the Hovhaness website, there's also a symphony (#34, opus 310) for bass trombone and orchestra, written for David Taylor:  http://www.hovhaness.com/Sym_31_45.html, published by Fujihara.

ttf_BGuttman

Hovaness Concerto no 3

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I have a set of parts (1 each) for Religious Singer, which I think is 29.  It was published by Robert King.  I don't ever remember seeing a recording of it, though.  Either with Euphonium or trombone.
ttf_djdekok

Hovaness Concerto no 3

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Quote from: BGuttman on Jun 26, 2017, 08:08AMI have a set of parts (1 each) for Religious Singer, which I think is 29.  It was published by Robert King.  I don't ever remember seeing a recording of it, though.  Either with Euphonium or trombone.

It's Symphony#29 (full orchestra) and Concerto#3 (String orchestra). Concerto published in 1948 (Robert King), Symphony published in 1976 (Fujihara). Two different works. Please refer to the aforementioned Hovhaness website. Thanks!
ttf_djdekok

Hovaness Concerto no 3

Post by ttf_djdekok »

Quote from: BGuttman on Jun 26, 2017, 08:08AMI have a set of parts (1 each) for Religious Singer, which I think is 29.  It was published by Robert King.  I don't ever remember seeing a recording of it, though.  Either with Euphonium or trombone.

It's Symphony#29 (full orchestra) and Concerto#3 (String orchestra). Concerto published in 1948 (Robert King), Symphony published in 1976 (Fujihara). Two different works. Please refer to the aforementioned Hovhaness website. Thanks!

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”