FS: Shires Lone Star Bass Trombone with Screw Bell and Marcus Bonna Case

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
ZacharyThornton

FS: Shires Lone Star Bass Trombone with Screw Bell and Marcus Bonna Case

Post by ZacharyThornton » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Hello all!
I am selling my Shires bass. It started as a Lone Star model but I swapped bells to a screw bell. The normal Lone Star has a BII7YM and to compensate for the screw rim, I got a BII7YLW. It feels and plays even better IMO than the normal set up. The set up is:
Dual independent axial flow valves
Gold B tuning slide
B62-78 slide (Standard dual bore slide)
BII7YLW screw bell.
Also included are the Marcus Bonna screw bell case, 3 leadpipes (B2, B2SterlingSilver, and B2L), Shires hand rest, wood paddles from Brian Hecht, and Thayer guard from Leather Specialties. There are two scratches on the bell that are very small and VERY slight wear on the hand slide where I put my right hand. I took pictures of that. The horn is a year old and the bell about 6 months old. I swab the horn out everyday and oil the valves daily. This horn is in excellent shape.
The horn sells new for $6,295 from Dillon. The bell is an extra $1,500. Case is $550.
I would like $6,250 plus shipping from Texas. Here is the link to photos:
https://imgur.com/gallery/7QaKSlu
Send me an email at zactheoneguy@yahoo.com with any questions!
Thanks,
Zac
Shires Lone Star Bass
Greg Black mouthpieces
MTbassbone

Re: FS: Shires Lone Star Bass Trombone with Screw Bell and Marcus Bonna Case

Post by MTbassbone » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:46 pm

What are you getting now?
Bassbonechandler

Post by Bassbonechandler » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Burgerbob wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 pm
:eek:
Don't get too excited!! :D
ZacharyThornton

Post by ZacharyThornton » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:33 pm

For everyone wanting to know, I am switching back to the horn I played for years that I think gave me the sound I want. Edwards B502IY. This horn for sale is still amazing and helped me get many paying gigs so to each his own.
Shires Lone Star Bass
Greg Black mouthpieces

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”