2B Liberty Valve and Slide Trombone with case

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
parker1813

2B Liberty Valve and Slide Trombone with case

Post by parker1813 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:26 pm

Hi All - I am new to selling on Trombone Chat. I am selling a 2B Liberty Valve and Slide Trombone with case. I have it cross posted to ebay - link at bottom of the description. Condition is Used. Shipping $65 to CONUS. I will mail by USPS unless there is a snafu at post office; alternatively, I will use UPS.

The three pieces of this trombone appear to be a mixed set. The bell and valve section do not have serial numbers and appear to be more recently manufactured (based on etching design on the bell and brightness of the brass on the valve section). The slide has a serial #299xxxx which dates to 1948-1949, so this are not set that was originally sold together.

Both the slide and valve pistons work well. There appears to be some acid or hand discoloration the valve section around the valve pistons (see photos). The trombone has some nicks and a couple of dents which I tried to capture in photos. The slide is pretty smooth – the socks have a small amount of scuffing. There were two repairs to the slide that were sloppy – the slide lock and water key but both repairs appear to be solid.

The classic King coffin case is in great shape (latches work fine, interior and exterior in great condition) and fits the slide and valve section nicely.

This is a great opportunity to try to release your inner Juan Tizol and try a valve trombone with a slide trombone if you’re feeling more like Tricky Sam.

http://ebay.us/UsvBOJ?cmpnId=5338273189
Attachments
valve section rotate .jpg
valve section rotate .jpg (802.65 KiB) Viewed 81 times
trombone bell engraving.jpg
trombone bell engraving.jpg (464.42 KiB) Viewed 81 times
case with trombone cropped.jpg
case with trombone cropped.jpg (621.29 KiB) Viewed 81 times

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”