FS: American Standard "Collector" Bass Trombone

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
ashughart50wr

FS: American Standard "Collector" Bass Trombone

Post by ashughart50wr » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:36 am

I have a very old F attachment Large shank mouthpiece trombone that is manufactured by American Standard. Lehnert Philadelphia is also engraved underneath the American Standard Manufacturing engraving. I think the horn was possibly a Marine Corps issue (U.S.Q.M.D.) I think this instrument is approximately 100 years old because it does not have a slide lock or a bell-slide attachment screw tightening mechanism. The F attachment does work but the slide (5 out of 10) needs a technician. Overall the horn is not in bad shape but after playing with it I have decided it is a collectible and NOT a player. If someone is a collector and has use for this instrument I would be happy to pass it on for $125 plus actual shipping costs. I do accept PayPal.

https://imgur.com/a/qXtwZOs
JohnL

Re: FS: American Standard "Collector" Bass Trombone

Post by JohnL » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:01 am

USQMD is United States Quartermaster Department, which was part of the Army. That means it's no newer than about 1912, since that's when the Quartermaster Department became the Quartermaster Corps.

Have you tried it with a modern large shank mouthpiece?
ashughart50wr

Post by ashughart50wr » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks for the clarification. I was never part of the military but I highly respect all those who served - particularly my Father who served in U.S. Army during the Korean conflict. I did try and used a large shank mouthpiece. It has a King mouthpiece included with the trombone.
FOSSIL

Post by FOSSIL » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:07 pm

ashughart50wr wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:16 am
Thanks for the clarification. I was never part of the military but I highly respect all those who served - particularly my Father who served in U.S. Army during the Korean conflict. I did try and used a large shank mouthpiece. It has a King mouthpiece included with the trombone.

did you get my pm ?
ashughart50wr

Post by ashughart50wr » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Sale Pending

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”