Flute, trumpet, piano, percussion, bass trombone

ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

I wonder if anyone know about music written for this ensemble or any combination with at least three of this instruments involved? I found Ewazen pastorale for bass trombone, trumpet and piano, but we need some more music.

Leif
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

rather unlikely, not an  usual ensemble. If you add a tenor or alto register instrument (not necessarily a tbone) you be more likely to find something more....
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Could your trumpet player cover a viola part and you cover a cello part?  Now you have a piano quartet with percussion.  If the percussionist is a good comper, you may have something.  Or maybe synthesize a tympani part figuring what notes to whack when.

Also, many Renaissance pieces were not designated for particular instruments so you could play with a broken consort (which you obviously have).  I know I have a few Marini pieces for 2 soprano and one bass instrument (probably intended for 2 violins and cello).  Look for stuff like that.
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

That's  some good suggestions Bruce. They are all professional players, maybe except me that is a bit suspect.. Image

It don't have to be all instruments but at least three. They don't play jazz....

Leif
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

That's  some good suggestions Bruce. They are all professional players, maybe except me that is a bit suspect.. Image

It don't have to be all instruments but at least three. They don't play jazz....

Leif

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”