Prokofiev Ромео и Джульетта

Bach5G

Prokofiev Ромео и Джульетта

Post by Bach5G »

I’m listening to this today in preparation for subbing in an Oct 31 rehearsal.

This has, for years, been one of my favourite works. But, this afternoon, once again, I am struck by the overwhelming and stunning brilliance of the piece.

Of course, knowing the program only increases the effect. There’s the movement La Jeune Juliet, that beautifully describes Juliet (16 yrs old in the play I think). Gorgeous, so descriptive of innocence yet with just a hint of the sadness to come.
Last edited by Bach5G on Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burgerbob

Re: Prokofiev Ромео и Джульетта

Post by Burgerbob »

LA Phil did a really, really great interpretation of the entire ballet this year, with a dance element. They performed live in the concert hall, but also did parts of it backstage and in the audience- all seen live on screens.

They did a scaled-down version of the suite at the Hollywood Bowl as well, but it just left me wanting to hear the entire ballet again.
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

Burgerbob wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:40 pm LA Phil did a really, really great interpretation of the entire ballet this year, with a dance element. They performed live in the concert hall, but also did parts of it backstage and in the audience- all seen live on screens.

They did a scaled-down version of the suite at the Hollywood Bowl as well, but it just left me wanting to hear the entire ballet again.
Do you know if there are any recordings (with video) available of that?
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!
Burgerbob

Post by Burgerbob »

I'm not sure. I'll ask! I have an inside source, my wife works there :)
Aidan Ritchie, LA area player and teacher
SwissTbone

Post by SwissTbone »

Burgerbob wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:46 pm I'm not sure. I'll ask! I have an inside source, my wife works there :)
Great! Thanks!
ƒƒ---------------------------------------------------ƒƒ
Like trombones? Head over to https://swisstbone.com/ to see some great vintage and custom horns!

Return to “Performance”