FS 1940 King 2B Silvertone Sterling Bell Trombone gorgeous

Forum rules
Welcome to TromboneChat Classifieds! Please read carefully, as our rules may differ from past experiences.

1. TromboneChat is not eBay and does not guarantee transaction satisfaction. Don't get scammed; caveat emptor.

2. TromboneChat administrators and moderators are in no way endorsing any sellers, advertisers, or items.

3. TromboneChat Classifieds are free.

4. Occasional "bump posts" are allowed. Users who are, in the opinion of the moderators, abusing this privilege will be warned. After a warning, if the abuse continues, the user will be temporarily banned from posting.

5. Check the post date. It may be quite old. Sellers - update your post to let people know it's SOLD.

Enjoy browsing and posting in the Classifieds! Please send the moderators a PM if you need clarification.

NOTE: If you want to PM or e-mail another member, you can only do so after having two approved posts. Additionally, if you wish to receive e-mails, please update your profile to include your e-mail address. This is a more secure way of handling your e-mail. The classifieds are open to the major search engines and it's very easy for a bot to parse something like 'email at provider dot com' but without authentication and two approved posts, outsiders cannot see the e-mail you have in your profile.
mfellows821

FS 1940 King 2B Silvertone Sterling Bell Trombone gorgeous

Post by mfellows821 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 am

One Day Only! I am posting this here first- It goes on Ebay Sunday and when the first bid comes in I will need to honor that bid and pull this off Trombonechat- pics on Photobucket link

https://s1126.photobucket.com/user/mfel ... ary?page=1

King 2B Silvertone Professional Jazz Trombone
7 1/2 Inch Solid Sterling Silver Bell
.490 Bore Nickle Lightweight Slide
Dent Free
Excellent Slide action
Gorgeous Engraving
Serial Number 244,XXX- 1940

This is about as good as it gets in the jazz trombone world. If you are looking for a jazz trombone, it will probably be a King 2B or 3B. If you want the best of the best and a lead horn, It will be a sterling silver bell 2B. The most classic and beautiful of these are the Silvertones from before Sears won a lawsuit against King and came away with the Silvertone name. After that King called them Silversonics

This one came to me with a some small dings and a slide in need of a tuneup and cleaning. At some point one of the inner slide tubes was replaced - the stockings are of different length. After the cleaning and alignment I would call the slide a 9 using the new Yamaha lube. It is fast and free with just a bit of scratchiness in 6th and 7th position. When I play it I do not notice - only when moving the slide with no sound coming through is it noticable.

Solid sterling bell is absolutely gorgeous- Engraving to die for. There is gold plating inside the bell but a bit thinning. Also scratches inside the bell- probably from a stand. Look at the pics- a gorgeous horn.

It plays like a King Sterling bell trombone will play- nice and warm sound at low volume and then brightening up to project through any ensemble when the air is poured to it. Resists breaking at high volume better than any brass bell.

Comes with a King coffin case in great shape- latches and springs all work and leather is intact on end of case although darkened. Sorry no mouthpiece with this one - You will want to audition several and choose the one that fits you and your new (vintage) trombone the best!

In this kind of excellent condition they tend to sell for $2500-$3000. I am firm here at $1995 plus shipping.

I will ship to the lower 48 states for $65 and elsewhere for actual cost by US Postal service - Europe and Japan should expect to pay about $120 - Australia about $20 more.

You can email me at m.fellows821@yahoo.com, private message me or call at 253 241 0932

Mark
mfellows821

Re: FS 1940 King 2B Silvertone Sterling Bell Trombone gorgeous

Post by mfellows821 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Now on Ebay with starting bid of $1495.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153681698331

Still for sale with fixed price of $1995 plus shipping to Trombonechat members but will need to pull this ad when first Ebay bid received
sf105

Re: FS 1940 King 2B Silvertone Sterling Bell Trombone gorgeous

Post by sf105 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:59 pm

Gorgeous.

Return to “(Classifieds) Instruments & Parts”